Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Famicom Classic Mini

Started by retro junkie, June 20, 2020, 09:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retro junkie

Celebrating 43 years, my wife and i this weekend. My wife knows me very well and got me this as a gift on our anniversary.
After my experience with Genesis, Neo Geo, and Turbo Grafx minis, I have been wanting the NES and SNES minis. I have been also eyeing the Famicom mini.

Game list:
Donkey Kong
Pac-Man
Excitebike
Balloon Fight
Ice Climber
Galaga
Yie Ar Kung-Fu
Super Mario Bros.
The Legend of Zelda
Atlantis no Nazo
Gradius
Makai Village (Ghosts n' Goblins in the US)
Solomon's Key
Metroid
Castlevania
Adventure of Link
Bumping Sumo
Super Mario Bros. 3
Ninja Gaiden
Mega Man 2
River City Ransom
Double Dragon Ⅱ The Revenge
Super Tamashito Luo (Super C in the US)
Final Fantasy Ⅲ
Dr. Mario
Downtown Nekketsu March Soreyuke
Mario Open Golf
Super Mario USA (Super Mario Bros. 2 in the US)
Kirby's Adventure

One thing that hit me right out of the box are the tiny controllers. But these things work great. I am impressed. The original Famicom had the controllers attached to the console. This is a con in that the cords are short and you need to be near the console in order to play. I have no problem with my set-up, but this could be a deal breaker with some gamers. They work for me. But they are the only controllers that you can use.

As I was trying out games, I noticed a file that said more games. Clicked and it opened up a ton of surprises. My wife knows nothing about this stuff. She just happened to get one of these things that someone hacked. It has over 900 NES games most in english. This thing is brand new in the box with all of its wrappings.

The games look great over my flat screen. I really don't like the scanline mode. There is too much fuzzy blur, I think that is the best way of describing it. Rather play on the other modes. The sharp  clear images don't bother me.
The console is a pretty solid build. Loving this thing. Nintendo done good.
there is no spoon

Grindspine

I really wish that the NES Classic had River City Ransom!  I played the hell out of that in middle school!

BLUEVOODU

@retro junkie  Wow... this is a thing?    Man.. I'm a bit out of it lol.   The Famicom Mini definitely has a unique design... it's a tad bit crazy.  That's a nice list of games too.

SO... I have to ask... How is Bumping Sumo?  ;D