Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Mouse?

Started by Grindspine, April 07, 2018, 12:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grindspine

I have been partial to the Logitech G5 for years, so much so that I bought a second one to use for parts to keep my first one working.  But, the time has come to retire the G5 mice and move onward.

I have tried a Razer Basilisk, Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury, and Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum over the last two weeks.

Between the three, I like the feel of the G402 the most.  However, I have pets that like to chew, so the more durable G502 (metal scroll wheel, braided cable) will likely be my main mouse for the foreseeable future.

Polygon

I like to keep it simple with a mouse. I've been using a Mionix Castor for about a year and a half now and I've been very happy with it for gaming and thanks to the adjustable DPI right from the mouse, I can easily turn it down to use it in Photoshop.

Icy

I've used pretty much the same mouse for about 5-6 years now, iirc. There's been a lot of different models, but all the same exact shape. First it was the CM Storm Spawn, then the Xornet, and currently I have the Xornet II. It's always been the only mouse I can stand to use, with my crazy/weird grip I use. I've tried over a dozen others that seemed promising in that time, and none of them were comfortable at all lol

The only problem is that they always seem to discontinue each new model after only a few months of production, so I have to snatch it up quick before that happens. The most recent one is the MasterMouse MM520, which is available on Amazon right now, but it was out of stock just a week ago, so it's probably going to be discontinued soon, too. ;-;

Kinikko

I have a Razer Naga 2014.  Simple yet still pretty MMO functional.

Spoiler: ShowHide
moo.

targetrasp

Logitech M317 (or any of those cheap Logitech series) for everything but gaming. It's ambidexderous, wireless and doesn't take up much real estate. Razer death adder makes a nice left handed mouse, that I'll plug in for anything that requires precision.

CreepinDeth

I own the G502 and love it. I used to have the G5 but the left click button no longer had any resistance so I just upgraded. Has better weights than the G5 which I really like. The left and right click buttons feel much better to me as well. I should've upgraded much sooner.

BLUEVOODU

@Grindspine Resurrecting an old topic... Right now, I'm using a Corsair RGB mouse.  I forget the model number... it replaced my old Logitech G9x... which I used forever.

I'm pretty happy with Corsair an have used them the last 2-3 years.  I'm not at happy with Logitech these days.  Their designs are a bit odd/off.   I'm hoping they return to better designs.  I guess others like the designs though...

Grindspine

I am using the Proteus Spectrum with my desktop PC and the Hyperion Fury with the Asus TUF laptop for the time.

The G5 really was perfection for a gaming mouse for me for the longest time.