Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

iPhone 12 may come without a charger?

Started by BLUEVOODU, June 30, 2020, 04:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

I thought this was a bit crazy.   To me... you cannot exclude a charger without a design change.  Maybe the portless iPhone will be a thing... inductive charging???  I guess that is another topic for another time. But it's a tad crazy to not include one if the phone needs it.   

Check out this article:
Apple might not include a charger with the iPhone 12. Good - theverge.com

Of anyone can pull this off, Apple could.  But I don't think that's best for the consumer ... at all.  And inductive charging is cool...  but not is not cheap.

Thoughts? Comments?  Post it up.

BLUEVOODU

lol... I can confirm this is true, by the way.  It does not come with a charger.  It has the usb to c cable... but no wall charger.  You have to pay additional if you want that.

I get less packaging, people are charging their devices differently these days.... AND the rise of inductive charging has occurred.  But if you're not in a car with inductive charging OR have the home setup, this can be quite a bit inconvenient.

targetrasp

nintendo started it... 3ds w/o charger...

BLUEVOODU

LOL @targetrasp I blame Nintendo as well... but I think someone did it before Nintendo, but I cannot remember who it was right now...

targetrasp

Short memories... now that's google's fault. Who needs to retain knowledge anymore