Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Did You buy a Nintendo 3DS?

Started by BLUEVOODU, February 24, 2018, 07:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Did you buy and use a Nintendo 3DS?

This system has a ton of great games... it's hard to not have it in a collection.

Post up likes and dislikes ... your thoughts... etc!

CreepinDeth

I bought one at launch and it's alright. Bought it because I was hyped for the Ocarina remaster. Besides that, the games were more of the same that don't really interest me. So I haven't really touched it for a long time.

I tried the 3D at first and learned real quick it wasn't for me, so I've never really used it.

targetrasp

Nintendo hasn't really had a good track record with 3d.

I bought a launch one, It got rained on. I bought a 3ds for my daughter, it got barfed on. I bought a 2ds for my son, it went swimming in the toilet.

Finally everyone grew up and now the three of us have 3 3ds xl's. Had I waited just a little longer I could have got the NEW 3ds XLs that the amibos work on.

Originally they got tons of play. computer gaming, VR, etc. has taken the kid's focus away from them and now they're just something to do in the car or at the hotel. I still play mine at night some, and on trips. None of us have ever cared for the 3d aspect.

Kinikko

I have a Yoshi 3DS XL and a red 2DS, and husbando has his own 3DS XL. 

I have yet to get a *NEW* 3DS, but I really have wanted one mainly because I cannot seem to find an amiibo reader for the regular 3DS for the freaking life of me.
moo.

BLUEVOODU

Kinikko -- that is a pretty cool 3DS.  I dig the Monster Hunter 4 3DS as well.. there are cool versions out there.

I bought the smaller 3DS with Ocarina - styled for Zelda Ocarina... it's a pretty console.  I let the pretty console site and bought a standard blue one for playing.

The 2DS is pretty cool as well (without the 3D)... especially for those who cannot play the 3D version.   We end up playing Animal Crossing Wild World DS, Mario Kart DS, and Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS... and a couple other games.   We have a blast with the system.  @Target.. that sucks you had that bad of experiences... worst = barfed on lol.

I agree - I like having the option of 3DS... but I never use it.  The systems with 3D just seem better built than the 3DS.  But you do save $50 buying a 2DS.  I Think it was $50...  but the screen hinges just seem more loose with 2DS.

targetrasp

My children have decimated a number of systems, the 2ds/3ds just got the brunt of their earlier childhood. Fire tablets and iPads have also suffered. the funniest was when my ps3 didn't work because it had 3 discs loaded into it.

BLUEVOODU

LOL... how did they fit 3 discs into it?!

Ocarina of Time was well done for the 3DS system... at some point, I'll create a topic on it.  Majoras Mask as well... 2 games well worth it.

CreepinDeth

So moral of the story is don't have kids? lol, just kidding.  :P

Ocarina was okay in my opinion. It wasn't a true remaster. They mainly just bumped up the polygons and textures on Link and a few other characters. Besides that, it was the same, which is fine because it's Ocarina but I expected a little more.

targetrasp

Creepin' - there's truth in jest.

I'd really never known broke, angry, or stressed until I had kids. Your hair falls out, you start getting fat, and can no longer party with the best of em. You trade picking up hot girls at the bar for chatting up "mom jeans" in the park, and drive vehicles with a roof, 4 wheels, and 4 doors. I would have died laughing at you if you told me we'd have this conversation 10 years ago.

It's not all bad though. You get some fun stories, a reason to play video games in your 30's, and are truly never alone.

CreepinDeth

My wife and I are still discussing whether we're going to have kids or not. We do love the thought of having one or two but we also really enjoy the freedom we have so we're not 100% sure yet.

We'll probably end up having one, lol.

targetrasp

when it happens put all your expensive stuff in storage somewhere until they turn 7 - 8 years old. Anything you want to keep out to enjoy should be in your room with strict boundary policies or on a shelf at least 7 foot in the air. (after the PlayStation 3 incident I built a shelf over my television for cable box, video games, receiver, etc). any floor standing speaker or subwoofer will have Legos and pennies stuff into the ports as well as any floor vents so here's hoping the wife has skinny wrists and long arms!

(Attempting to steer back on topic) by the time it happens hope and pray the 3ds or whatever takes its place becomes water proof! (Phew, I saved it!)

retro junkie

Not sure how I missed this thread.  :o

It may be because I wear glasses, I don't know. I never could use the 3d feature at all until I got the "New" 3DS XL. The head tracking tech really helped me to be able to use it. But I have been greatly disappointed in the fact that very few games actually effectively use the 3D tech. Street Fighter 2 3d is about the best I have seen on the system so far with the exception of the Mario games. Most of the 3rd party games that I have tried, look flat. There may be those moments, but a majority of the game itself just looks like you are looking into a window that has some depth,...............lame.

This is my "New" 3DS. Love it.
there is no spoon

Kinikko

Omg that system is gorgeous! O.O

I've never been able to use the 3D on the 3DS.  Also can't really make it through a 3D movie in theaters without getting a horrible headache either however.  >.<
moo.

Mai Valentine

I have a red 3DS XL but I hardly play it now. I'm still working on Pokemon Sun. I had a Pokemon that needed to be traded to evolve and it took forever to find someone to trade with. So now I have my full party ready, I'll try to finish it.

BLUEVOODU

Oh man.  (Need drooling emoticon) that's the best 3DS design in my opinion. I missed buying This 3DS... just waited too long and haven't found another in good condition. Good score, retro!

Mai - how does the trading system work?

Mai Valentine

For Pokemon Sun and Moon specifically, you trade in the Festival Plaza. I think you can also do global trading if you're linked up to wifi, but that's random so you don't know which Pokemon you'll get. I had my friend's Friend Code though so I was able to trade with them specifically by finding them in the Festival Plaza.

Grindspine

I got a 3dsxl mostly to play DS games on a larger screen (Castlevania Portrait of Ruin, Dawn of Sorrow, and Order of Ecclesia).  Now that I have it, I am seriously considering Mario Kart 7 and Metroid: Samus Returns.

Jack

Yup, I have a "New" 3DSXL. I don't play it super often but I do enjoy it from time to time. I have it for the Pokemon games pretty much.

targetrasp

Grindspine

It is on my list.  Nintendo games rarely seem to ever go on sale.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: Grindspine on May 04, 2018, 08:36:47 PM
It is on my list.  Nintendo games rarely seem to ever go on sale.
@Grindspine lol no.  85-90% of them appreciate.   Tempted some day's to buy a case and sit on them... then years later trickle them out.

targetrasp

investment diversification has spread to everything from fine wines to comic books, why not video games

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more