Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

DF Retro

Started by CreepinDeth, February 25, 2018, 05:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CreepinDeth

Anybody else familiar with this series? It's a sub-series of Digital Foundry (who have some great technical videos.) What's great is that it's not just a nostalgia video, it actually goes back and dissects the technological techniques used to make these older games. I love it and I recommend any other retro fans check it out.

The latest episode is on Panzer Dragoon for the Sega Saturn.

BLUEVOODU

I watched part of this.... Pretty cool video / episode.

LOL... homage to Space Harrier... I really dug that game a lot.  It's amazing to see Panzer Dragoon today... I haven't seen or played it in forever.  Didn't really age as well... but still looks fun.  Wish I could play that again.

Great homage to SNES Starfox - I loved playing that game on the Super Nintendo back in the day.

Thanks for posting this... I watched parts of a few others.  Pretty cool series.

CreepinDeth

Yeah, a lot of these games don't hold up well but they were technological marvels at the time. That's what makes this series so fascinating. My favorite is the episode.

targetrasp

I really dig that series. I'll have to watch more when I have time.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: CreepinDeth on February 26, 2018, 12:22:14 AM
Yeah, a lot of these games don't hold up well but they were technological marvels at the time. That's what makes this series so fascinating. My favorite is the episode.
Exactly.  And they're still fun to go back and play.

I'm a little surprised they haven't come back and revisited or at least remastered Panzer Dragoon.    Or maybe they did and I missed it. 

It was very cool seeing Star Fox again.  I haven't played that game in forever... but the Snes version was always a master piece in my Mind.

CreepinDeth

The latest episode dropped and it's about the Sega Genesis Nomad, the predecessor to the Switch. Great comparisons between the two and not sure why it never occurred to me how many things were done there first before the Switch nearly 25 years later.

Jack

The DF episode about Doom and it's ports is absolute phenomenal, 100% recommend it to anybody who likes the franchise.

CreepinDeth

The Doom episode is great. I think that was the first episode?

Jack

Quote from: CreepinDeth on May 15, 2018, 09:44:27 PM
The Doom episode is great. I think that was the first episode?

I'm not sure but it's an hour long video detailing every doom port so it's just heaven for me.

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more