Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

A Mother Recovers the $20K Her Son Secretly Spent on Twitch Donations - ign.com

Started by BLUEVOODU, August 15, 2020, 10:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Lol man... I'm not sure what I would do. Maybe not in this example (not necessarily talking about this mom), but many parents are ignorant to what their kids do online.  So many parents of the kids I saw have no monitoring or idea of what their kids are doing, who they are talking to, manipulating or being manipulated by.  I know a lot of people don't want to think about this. It sucks.. I get it

A Mother Recovers the $20K Her Son Secretly Spent on Twitch Donations in 17 Days - ign.com

This is pretty crazy. Post up your thoughts and comments!

retro junkie

there is no spoon

Grindspine

Do people not check their bank accounts daily for unauthorized charges?

CreepinDeth

That's a lot of money to have sitting around in a checking account. Also, why wasn't the bank suspicious even earlier about the charges? Even if the parents don't check their account on a daily basis, there still should have been some type of alert.

I've had my bank account get triggered for fraud on way smaller amounts.

BLUEVOODU

hm... I wonder if it was something were the debit transactions do not flag like credit transactions would...  Just a thought. That is a good point.  And yes.. that's a decent sum to have sitting around lol  ;D

CreepinDeth

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on September 22, 2020, 08:56:13 PM
hm... I wonder if it was something were the debit transactions do not flag like credit transactions would...

It's possible, and if that's the case, that bank sucks. And yeah, if I had that type of money in cash, I would at the very least keep it in a savings account. Even one with a low interest rate would still get you something at that amount.