Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/bluevmgc/chickendinnergaming.com/forum/Sources/Subs-Editor.php on line 900

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/bluevmgc/chickendinnergaming.com/forum/Sources/Subs-Editor.php on line 908

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/bluevmgc/chickendinnergaming.com/forum/Sources/Subs-Editor.php on line 920

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/bluevmgc/chickendinnergaming.com/forum/Sources/Subs-Editor.php on line 932

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/bluevmgc/chickendinnergaming.com/forum/Sources/Subs-Editor.php on line 934
A Mother Recovers the $20K Her Son Secretly Spent on Twitch Donations - ign.com

Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Author Topic: A Mother Recovers the $20K Her Son Secretly Spent on Twitch Donations - ign.com  (Read 169 times)

Offline BLUEVOODU

• Administrator
  • EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!
    • bluevoodu
    • R2EN546
    • View Profile
Lol man... I'm not sure what I would do. Maybe not in this example (not necessarily talking about this mom), but many parents are ignorant to what their kids do online.  So many parents of the kids I saw have no monitoring or idea of what their kids are doing, who they are talking to, manipulating or being manipulated by.  I know a lot of people don't want to think about this. It sucks.. I get it

A Mother Recovers the $20K Her Son Secretly Spent on Twitch Donations in 17 Days - ign.com

This is pretty crazy. Post up your thoughts and comments!

Offline retro junkie

• Rocket League
  • all your base are belong to us
    • View Profile
Ouch and WOW!  :))
there is no spoon

Offline Grindspine

• Inkling
    • Grindspine
    • View Profile
Do people not check their bank accounts daily for unauthorized charges?

Offline CreepinDeth

• Sonic The Hedgehog
    • View Profile
That's a lot of money to have sitting around in a checking account. Also, why wasn't the bank suspicious even earlier about the charges? Even if the parents don't check their account on a daily basis, there still should have been some type of alert.

I've had my bank account get triggered for fraud on way smaller amounts.

Offline BLUEVOODU

• Administrator
  • EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!
    • bluevoodu
    • R2EN546
    • View Profile
hm... I wonder if it was something were the debit transactions do not flag like credit transactions would...  Just a thought. That is a good point.  And yes.. that's a decent sum to have sitting around lol  ;D

Offline CreepinDeth

• Sonic The Hedgehog
    • View Profile
hm... I wonder if it was something were the debit transactions do not flag like credit transactions would...

It's possible, and if that's the case, that bank sucks. And yeah, if I had that type of money in cash, I would at the very least keep it in a savings account. Even one with a low interest rate would still get you something at that amount.