Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Rygar - FINALLY

Started by targetrasp, August 16, 2020, 09:58:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

targetrasp

I've mentioned this game in the Evercade section and in the Loser section, talking about how I've never finished it and wanted it to come out on in some sort of rerelease or compilation, the Nintendo Gods heard me!

It's one of the NES games you can play on the Switch with their online service. From memory I was able to find all Indra's treasures except for the coat of arms. I did use a map twice, once to find Lapis (where the coat of arms was) and I just couldn't remember where the floating castle was.

I bet the game in one sitting. As a kid in the 80s I couldn't beat Ligar, the final boss. I assumed it was impossible and never tried the game again. Earlier this week I finally got my win, turns out the game is fairly easy.

BLUEVOODU

Good job @targetrasp   I bet this would make @MegaDrive20XX proud lol.  I remember  this being a tough game... at least that's how I remember it.

MegaDrive20XX

@BLUEVOODU You know it! Shoot, Rygar is a beastly game!
Papa Retro

targetrasp

ziplining in this game is the biggest pain, if you don't hit it just right you fall to your death, did that a lot

BLUEVOODU

LOL... NO JOKE.  Ziplining was horrible.

and yes, Megadrive... this game was difficult.  I'm not sure I ever beat it as well.  I remember playing it quite a bit in the arcade... and the NES version.  I did like the arcade version a bit better.