Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

GingerOfMods - Handheld Wii

Started by BLUEVOODU, September 01, 2020, 08:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

I figure this is one for @retro junkie ... did anyone else see this?    It's  a Wii Boy Color... lol

Modder GingerOfMods managed to cram a Wii into a shell the size of a Game Boy Color - notebookcheck.net

This looks pretty cool... I didn't look to see how they managed the motion controls... meaning does it convert to just the "cursor on screen controlled by joystick"... looking into that shortly.  Games like Trauma Center might be difficult or impossible.    It looks pretty cool though!

Thoughts. Comments.  Post it up!

retro junkie

@BLUEVOODU i saw this but the purchase price caused me to have amnesia. I will stick to a real Wii. I saw several being offered on eBay for around $900. Not sure who it was selling them. I think it would be very interesting to mess with, but, I would want a much larger screen. Maybe one the size of the vita's would be good. There are too many games that just would not be right on such a small screen.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

@retro junkie yeeaaahhhh..... that is quite pricey.  I'd love to get my hands on one to see how it is though.   You are right... a Vita OLED would be perfect for this... but the resolution would have to be updated.  You wouldn't be able to take your old games in their old Wii format and play them well on a Vita sized screen and have them look good.

targetrasp

I've seen people make these things on youtube and the kit is insanely expensive. There's a small part of the wii board that gets used, the rest gets cut out. After that there's a ton of intricate soldering and having put the games on an sd card to load them.

price and time for what you get was too much for me...

BLUEVOODU

After all that... I wonder how it plays... I'm very curious as to how some of the games handle or how games like Trauma Center would be played.