Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Psyvariar Delta - Nintendo Switch on Amazon

Started by BLUEVOODU, September 06, 2020, 02:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

I bought one of these as I wanted the Shmup awhile back.  I created a topic on it here:
PSYVARIAR DELTA - NINTENDO SWITCH AND PLAYSTATION 4 - COMING SOON

I found it on Amazon for sub $20 shipped (+ tax)... and this is a pretty good price for Psyvariar Delta:
Psyvariar Delta - Nintendo Switch - Amazon.com

The site gets credit for the sales...  @targetrasp @retro junkie @CreepinDeth @AngelBob and @JR_McG ... you might be interested in this.  Just a heads up.

If you purchase, post up your thoughts on the game when you get it!   Mine should be coming soon.  The PlayStation 4 version is no longer available it seems.

CreepinDeth

Looks decent. Can you play it in portrait mode?

BLUEVOODU

@CreepinDeth - yes, it appears to support Portrait mode... and it's also a reported feature.   I just received the game today and will break it out tomorrow at some point.

BLUEVOODU

It looks like this is still at the same price - it's definitely a fun game to pick up at that price.    IF you like Shmups... and on the Switch... it's a great buy.

retro junkie

I got this on my switch lite. I am playing it on "easy." I am too scared to change it to a higher difficulty.  :o
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

LOL...  It's definitely hard.  What do you think so far @retro junkie ?

retro junkie

@BLUEVOODU it is a bullet hell shooter. What more would anyone want? But seriously, I paid $17 USD for a physical copy and do not find it as enjoyable as Danmaku Unlimited 3 that was a digital download that was $4.99 from the eshop. But at the same time if you were to purchase that game as a physical copy, astronomical price point. I think the difference is the play mechanics. Psyvariar won't give you fond memories like Mars Matrix. It does have nice visuals, but it falls below the bench mark of other shmups that have gone before it. I would recommend the Danmaku digital download if you want some arcade shooter fun. (I can't believe I am recommending a digital download.  ??? )
there is no spoon

targetrasp

Retro is aging backwards while I'm one step closer to yelling "get off my lawn" at the neighbor kids.

I watched this game on prime day go up to 20 something and back down to just under 17, so I finally did grab it. I was looking forward to playing it until retro completely ruined it for me! I love shooters, I do not love bullet hell shooters! Maybe I should have paid more attention before i purchased!

retro junkie

@targetrasp try it. You might like it Gunny. Just keep your eyes on your ship dodging bullets with your thumb on the fire button. Get some, get some, get some, Hoorah.  :))
there is no spoon