Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Author Topic: RTX3080 Already Sold Out?  (Read 152 times)

Offline BLUEVOODU

• Administrator
  • EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!
    • bluevoodu
    • R2EN546
    • View Profile
RTX3080 Already Sold Out?
« on: September 18, 2020, 09:01:59 AM »
It looks like the RTX3080 is hard to acquire right now. I'm glad I won't be in the market for new hardware for a year or two.  But it reminds me of a few other points in history of trying to acquire certain computer hardware pieces.

Nvidia’s RTX 3080 is already sold out pretty much everywhere online in the US - theverge.com

Did you already get yours?   ;D

Thoughts,  comments... post it up!

Offline CreepinDeth

• Sonic The Hedgehog
    • View Profile
Re: RTX3080 Already Sold Out?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 04:20:01 PM »
This whole release has been a mess. Probably won't get one this year.

It's nice to hear people are trolling the scalpers by overbidding on their listings and throwing up bogus listings.

Offline BLUEVOODU

• Administrator
  • EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!
    • bluevoodu
    • R2EN546
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 10:01:46 AM »
How are they overbidding?  Wouldn't they be responsible for the amount they overbid?

Offline CreepinDeth

• Sonic The Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 11:34:52 PM »
How are they overbidding?  Wouldn't they be responsible for the amount they overbid?

They're either making multiple, disposable accounts or sacrificing their own. If you don't pay you just get banned from Ebay.

Offline BLUEVOODU

• Administrator
  • EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!
    • bluevoodu
    • R2EN546
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 11:23:38 PM »
Yeah... it does suck this is happening... especially on a wide level.  But I get torn from time-to-time on these practices. 

Auction Torpedoing !

Offline CreepinDeth

• Sonic The Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2020, 12:58:19 AM »
Yeah... it does suck this is happening... especially on a wide level.  But I get torn from time-to-time on these practices. 

Auction Torpedoing !

I hear you but in this case, people who can afford to buy an RTX 3080 just to auction off don't seem to be hurting for cash.

If it was a business that they were torpedoing, then I might feel differently. Scalpers rarely get my sympathy.

Offline BLUEVOODU

• Administrator
  • EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!
    • bluevoodu
    • R2EN546
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2020, 09:59:30 AM »
Exactly - and the other part that sucks is that others cannot get into it as easily... especially at the scalped prices.  Oh supply and demand... how wonderful are thy ways.

I'm trying to wait 2 years before I build another pc.. and just being satisified with the Dell G5 gaming laptop.  It's pretty nice though... I must say.   I've had it since 2018 and it still works well... though I haven't really been gaming on it... but mostly studying now - AWS, Ansible, Linux and crafting all sorts of good stuff there.

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more