Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Nokia 8110 Reloaded is HMD's latest retro feature phone - Yahoo Finance

Started by BLUEVOODU, February 26, 2018, 09:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

I thought this was interesting.  The article is titled "Nokia 8110 Reloaded is HMD's latest retro feature phone."

Lol... it's kind of a cool thing, might attract some buyers but are they onto something here? 

Cell phones - while more powerful... have lost the element of design.  Many things have ( not just cell phones).  Everything is just a slab, glass, and pretty boring rounded designs.   Many years back, companies were trying all sorts of new designs. But now they found their cookie cutter money making designs and don't stray far from them.

Link to original article:
<a href="https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nokia-8110-reloaded-hmd-apos-153500289.html">Nokia 8110 Reloaded is HMD's latest retro feature phone - Yahoo Finance<\a>

Post up your thoughts!

CreepinDeth

Smart Phone advancement was so fast that there's not much to add at this point. Not until something outside of the smartphone arena becomes a necessity. Not surprised that dumb phones are sort of making a come back. It's retro, lol.

targetrasp

I would have bought one if it was spring loaded. It would have caused flashbacks of a 30 something Carrie-Anne Moss in leather pants...

BLUEVOODU

Lol... yeah... honestly, I'm surprised more older phones or styles aren't used.   Well... outside the "certain bands no longer work."   New phones used to be cool in a way... now they are all pretty boring and stale.  Yeah.. I get it... they are more powerful and can do a lot more.    But ... I miss the design element that used to be there.

And they certainly missed the mark by not making it Spring loaded!