Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Wandavision - Is anyone watching?

Started by BLUEVOODU, January 30, 2021, 10:07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Due to Covid.. Black Widow was moved to 2021... at least at this time.  So now we have Wandavision... and it looks very interesting.  I am thinking of paying for a year of Disney+ to check this out.

Who is watching?   What are your thoughts? 

WandaVision returns with a wallop to the Marvel Cinematic Universe proper - tv.avclub.com

It definitely looks pretty cool.   Thoughts? Comments?  Post it up

targetrasp

I've seen the first two and about 9 minutes of the third one. It's interesting enough to keep watching but I'm not sold yet. I could stop watching it easily but I do want to see where they take it.

Grindspine

The show pays a nice homage to the sitcom tropes of yesteryear, yet you can see glimpses of that reality cracking and having an Avengers MCU underneath.  So far it has been good enough to watch the first few episodes.

However, if you are considering paying for a year of Disney Plus.. WHY HAVEn't you done that for the Mandolorian?  Besides, the rest of the Avengers movies, the Star Wars movies, Star Wars: Clone Wars, and Star Wars Rebels are all on Disney plus.  You know, they do have Frozen and Frozen II too.  :P

targetrasp

The Mandalorian is worth the price of admission! de ja vu...

BLUEVOODU

@Grindspine LOL... yes... yes... I know.  I have a thing about not buying other monthly services right now (IE not paying for TV and lots of other things). 

@targetrasp you're right... and that's exactly what we want to start watching.  And now it's hard to say no with Wandavision.  I would like to get in before the price hike... and may not renew.  But we will see.

CreepinDeth

Been watching it and it's superb. It started out slow but has gotten much better. Can't wait to see how it all connects to the next phase.

Which is rumored to have...

Spoiler: ShowHide
The X-Men. Although, with Evan Peters showing up, it kind of makes it obvious.

I'm really happy to have some proper MCU content back.

targetrasp

@CreepinDeth you may have encouraged me to finish it out, I really quit after 2 or 3 episodes deep.

BLUEVOODU

@CreepinDeth dangit... we are going to pay for Disney+ for a bit... you guys and your recommendations... just take my money.

@targetrasp yeah... the initial reviews had me a bit worried.  Now I cannot wait to dive in.

CreepinDeth

The Falcon and Winter Soldier show airs a little after this, so there will be plenty of content on Disney+. Then there's the Loki show, which I think is at the end of this year.

BLUEVOODU

@CreepinDeth just take my money.....  :'(

LOL... I'm really trying not to spend money on services... but I Cannot not (er must) watch the Marvel series.    Do they have any of the older Marvel shows?

retro junkie

I like the Wandavision series. It is well put together, neat quality package, unlike the Mandolorian which just doesn't jell with me for some reason. I wished they had the same people working on the Mandolorian. Wandavision is MARVEL. And it has that feel to it.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

lol.... dangit.    Shut up and take my money, Disney.    ;D

I am signing up tonight for this...   You all are pushers as well.  ;D

CreepinDeth

This last episode just dropped a giant hint as to what will be the catalyst for the next set of phases, like the infinity stones prior.

All of the subtle hints throughout every episode makes this a fun watch.

retro junkie

Quote from: CreepinDeth on February 21, 2021, 02:55:54 PM
This last episode just dropped a giant hint as to what will be the catalyst for the next set of phases, like the infinity stones prior.

All of the subtle hints throughout every episode makes this a fun watch.
I have jumped to so many different conclusions with every episode. My perspective has been all over the map. The last episode was like, "boom." You're right it is so much fun to watch.
there is no spoon

CreepinDeth

Just one more episode left!!

I started watching again from the beginning and the first two episodes hit differently this time around now that things are more fleshed out.

Although, now I don't think it's introducing what I thought it was going to. Now it looks like it could be...

The Fantastic Four

Quote from: retro junkie on February 21, 2021, 06:00:38 PM
I have jumped to so many different conclusions with every episode. My perspective has been all over the map. The last episode was like, "boom." You're right it is so much fun to watch.

These past two episodes really made me reconsider what I thought was going to happen. The writers of this series is doing a magnificent job, in my opinion.

retro junkie

Yes this last episode was, WOW for me, and awesome. I am so wondering how this is going to go. How will they intertwine the comic book storyline into this? Or have a slight different take like they have creatively done with the rest of the MCU? I am going with the later. I am also wondering how this will impact the next Avengers movie.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

@CreepinDeth - how did you come up with what's in your spoiler tag?  I just caught up on all the episodes as of Friday.

This series has had so many twists in it now... it's pretty crazy. I'm not 100% certain where it is going after that last episode lol.  So... can't wait until the next one comes out.   I'm hoping they have a few seasons of this.  Not sure how long this one will last.

retro junkie

@BLUEVOODU because the Fantastic Four were involved in the comics.
there is no spoon

CreepinDeth

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on February 28, 2021, 09:56:44 AM
@CreepinDeth - how did you come up with what's in your spoiler tag?  I just caught up on all the episodes as of Friday.

minor comic spoilers...

Agatha has a connection with FF and Wanda in the comics. Keeping the comic info low since I don't want to completely spoil everything in the case it doesn't happens. Although, if it does happen, I expect it to be not in your face with the way the story is unfolding. It's completely Wanda's story and it should stay that way.

retro junkie

I liked the last episode. Awesome. I am hoping for more, but. Is it called season 1 for a reason? Or is that just to give them an open door if they choose to come back and do something else.

I am left hanging concerning Vision. Where is he? What happened to him? I would have thought there would have been something else, the need to resolve something between Wanda and him. I would have thought there would have been one last appearance? Maybe he was getting his memory and thoughts together? Still.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

I'm really hoping they add to it. But I thinj Wandavision is done.  It said series finale... then ending was pretty crazy. 

so... I'm not sure what happened to the white vision, aka cataract.  I have a feeling we are going to find out soon.
Seeing Wanda obsessively studying the book of the damned was a bit on the creepy side.  I didn't follow the comics intently, I'm sure there's a direction I am missing.  Hopefully she doesn't end up being on the bad side.  It's not looking good right now. 

Don't click this if you do not want spoilers.  Here's an interesting article on the finale:
https://tv.avclub.com/the-scarlet-witch-becomes-the-sorceress-supreme-in-the-1846414481/amp

CreepinDeth

So none of the the things I thought were going to happen, happened. But it's cool as it was really fun to try and guess the outcome.

The finale was really good and left things quite open for the future. Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany knocked out of the park in this series.

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on March 08, 2021, 11:29:21 AM
I'm really hoping they add to it. But I thinj Wandavision is done.  It said series finale... then ending was pretty crazy.

Yeah, it wasn't ever going to be ongoing, unfortunately. I am very excited for what's coming up next though. Falcon and Winter Soldier in less than 2 weeks!

BLUEVOODU

@CreepinDeth yeah... I really dug the ending.  There are so many possibilities now.   I'm sure they're going to pick this up and run with it now.. they have to be making good bank on the new series.

@retro junkie - speaking of binge watching... we re-watched the Wandavision series already... binge style.  I'm not sure we will do it again... but it was great the 2nd time around.

targetrasp

I'm hoping Marvel can get the FF involved somehow. Agatha was cool and I kinda like that they're pulling from the source material but not married to it, otherwise it'd be predictable / spoiled by every comic nerd running. I've got that line of West Coast Avengers Comics that the white vision first appeared in and there's a lot of similarities but it wasn't a cut a paste job. I also remember Agatha and Wanda's relationship a little differently.

Great stuff, I'm glad you guys talked this up enough so that I'd watch past the first two episodes.

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more