Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Doom - Nintendo Switch

Started by BLUEVOODU, February 28, 2018, 12:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Doom - Such a great Game.    I noticed this on the switch:
Doom - Nintendo Switch - Amazon.com
Doom - Nintendo Switch at Nintendo.com

I'm a pretty huge Doom and Doom2 fan.  Some of the games have been a bit rough.  I bought the newest Doom on PC a couple years back... and it was alright.  I'm looking to pick this game up at some point... on the go Doom would be awesome!     

Assuming this is a port as well... but it has up to 12 players.   Maybe I can talk some of the guys at work to buy and we can Doom it up at lunch.

Thoughts?  Post it up!

CreepinDeth

Maybe eventually. The developers did a great job squeezing this game down for the Switch. Not sure if I'd be willing to sacrifice all of the fidelity that comes with the PC version.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: CreepinDeth on February 28, 2018, 10:23:23 PM
Maybe eventually. The developers did a great job squeezing this game down for the Switch. Not sure if I'd be willing to sacrifice all of the fidelity that comes with the PC version.
It has pretty good reviews... I am super curious on the controls.  I see it would potentially work well (in my head)... definitely will pick up this title if it becomes a little cheaper.  I don't want to buy it at full or close to full price.

Just seeing doom on the switch makes me giddy.  Don't know why... just really excited to play it LOL

CreepinDeth

People are raving about the motion controls that were just recently implemented. I'll probably pick it up if it ever drops below $10.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: CreepinDeth on March 01, 2018, 09:30:08 PM
People are raving about the motion controls that were just recently implemented. I'll probably pick it up if it ever drops below $10.
Who was raving?     IE reviews, site, or friends?  What did they say?

... ugh... this game wants me to buy it.   Yeess.  Buy it Precious.  NO  NO!!!
:D

CreepinDeth

lol, just people on the internet. If I remember correctly, they like how smooth and accurate the shooting is.

Here's a review from Digital Foundry for the latest patch. They personally don't feel the motion controls are great but that's just one site.

BLUEVOODU

@CreepinDeth Revisiting this topic.  So I haven't bought this game yet.  Time just isn't there... it's still on my radar though.   I'm sure @Jack would love having a mobile Doom game lol... no?

I've watched several of these gameplay videos... man... it looks like it plays pretty well and is a lot of fun.  Has anyone had a chance to pick this up?

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more