Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Advanced Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp - Pre-Order - Nintendo Switch

Started by BLUEVOODU, June 01, 2022, 09:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Has anyone played the original Advanced Wars games?  I used to play these a lot... they were a lot of fun.  Looks like they're re-issuing them for the Nintendo Switch.  They were originally released on the Game Boy Advanced.  There was another game, Advanced Wars Dual Strike, released on the Nintendo DS.

Pre-Order Amazon Link:
Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp - Nintendo Switch - amazon.com

I'm thinking of pre-ordering this game... though the backlog is massive.   Anyone else?

Thoughts, comments?  Post it up!

targetrasp

I've already ordered it. I loved The first three, never played the days of ruin but the first three were fantastic. Batallion wars was awesome too. Seems like this one will take a while, PR and war in Ukraine seem to be holding it back

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp   Now you make me want to pre-order it.  I Think I might do that.  Same as you, I realllllly liked the 1st 3 and never played Days of Ruin.

I used to play this on my old GBA SP.  It was the Perfect game for handheld.

targetrasp

targetrasp

Bestbuy mysteriously cancelled my order. I was stoked to get this game over the weekend and it was just silently cancelled. I didn't receive an email, it just stopped showing up in my pending orders. "Advance Wars" didn't even show up when I typed it in searching through my orders. Had I not remembered ordering it at the same time I ordered a Series S I never would have found the cancellation.

I just reordered on best buy's site as there's nothing local to pick up, so maybe next weekend.

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp I've balked at buying this one so far.  Did you get it and is it great?

targetrasp

I really dig Advance Wars,and am so happy I get to play it on new hardware. I just beat the first Advance War's campaign and have gone back to 100% complete the first campaign. I really wish Dual Strike was included but I'm happy with the purchase, probably more so than normal.

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp man... I need to get this game.  I'm hoping it'll go on sale in the near future.   If I find it on sale, I'll post the sale.  This is one of those games in the past that didn't go on sale... at least from what I remember.

targetrasp

Rule of thumb:

If it's a first party Nintendo game and I want it It'll never go on sale UNLESS I buy it, then it'll go on sale just after. If I don't buy it, it becomes insanely difficult to find and costs more than retail OR just never goes on sale.

case in point - https://www.amazon.com/Advance-Wars-Re-Boot-Camp-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B097B186JF/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3GQU5SJL08JGX&keywords=advance%2Bwars%2Bswitch&qid=1685775911&sprefix=advance%2Bwars%2B%2Caps%2C97&sr=8-1&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.18ed3cb5-28d5-4975-8bc7-93deae8f9840&th=1

5 bucks cheaper already, and i bought day one,

https://www.amazon.com/Advance-Wars-Days-Ruin-Nintendo-DS/dp/B0012NWBH4 - only Advance Wars game slept on and it's worth more now than during the release.

BLUEVOODU

I think I may buy this one. It's a shame they don't have better multiplayer for it though matches could take a very long time. 

10% off right now but still $50+

Advanced wars is awesome though... outside complaints of multiplayer, it seems like this game is holding up and highly rated.