Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Official Recent Game Happenings / Progress Thread

Started by BLUEVOODU, March 02, 2018, 12:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

targetrasp

I keep meaning to get it but I've been getting my fill of humiliation from Titan Fall 2 so I've abstained so far

mastermario

Still on Overwatch. A couple of new heroes were released recently. Still a good time!

BLUEVOODU

We actually played Left for Dead 2 not that long ago and made it through a campaign. lol
@Grindspine @mastermario @SpartanEvolved

We definitely need to do that again soon.

BLUEVOODU

Need to play a game soon... @targetrasp @mastermario @Grindspine @SpartanEvolved

@CreepinDeth lol :)  we need to get you back in there as well.

I have made little to no progress on any games.  I made more progress in guitar (not guitar hero) this week.  Gear Fest at sweetwater 2019... has me back on the guitar.  I did play some Tetris 99... such an addicting game.

I've also been thinking of directions for this site and the other tech site.  I'm sitting for the 1st part of my Linux test Thursday... I keep mentioning it, but I do plan to post some lessons / notes here at some point as requested.

Has anyone made progress this week?  I bet @retro junkie has!

targetrasp

I've only played a little Boarderlands this month.

I've really cooled off on gaming in the last few months. I've not even purchased a lot. Usually I'm adding something to the collection weekly. I don't think I've bought three games in the last two months.

retro junkie

I have spent time on one of my Father's day gifts. It is the Jaleco Brawler's Pack from retro-bit.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

We've been playing Super Mario Maker 2.   

@Bomber Man posted a level sharing topic...  we need to get more people playing each other's levels.

Topic:
Mario Maker 2: Course Sharing - Post Your Levels

@Kinikko @CreepinDeth @Jack @Mai Valentine @trkorecky  - do you have this game yet?

trkorecky

I haven't picked up either game in the series. I actually forget I have a Switch or PS4 most of the time since they're hooked to the living room TV and I'm always in the third bedroom with my PC.

So this is a build your own Mario level game? Share it with others?

Bomber Man

@trkorecky

Yes this is a build and share Mario level game! There are also other modes you can play in course world! Although that requires a online membership. Those modes are Endless challenge, and Online multiplayer! In course world you can also check other people's levels, and view the leaderboards! When you play a level of you push start or plus you then push settings to change your character or other settings!

In Mario Maker 2 there is a story mode that DOES NOT require online! Story mode has levels that put creator parts from the course editor into good use!

If you get stuck or if you don't know how to use something then Yamamura's Dojo can help you. This section is found in settings, and it has tutorials on everything that could help you. It even shows you Mario's moves in all game styles!

Hope you enjoy the game!!!
The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma...

BLUEVOODU

@trkorecky  Pretty much what @Bomber Man said :)   And it's fun!

If you get it and build levels, don't forget to share here.  I'll play everyone's levels that share... make sure to play other's levels.

BLUEVOODU

you know... we heard from @MegaDrive20XX lately... we haven't heard from @Strubes, @Mai Valentine , @Kinikko , or even @mastermario in awhile  :)) 

What have you guys been gaming?

BLUEVOODU

Alright...  I made some progress in Sniper Elite 4 on PS4... and I got another 2nd place in Tetris 99 on the switch.  ... always the bridesmaid, never the bride lol.  ;D

retro junkie

Yesterday afternoon I was in my local GameXchange and had to purchase this game. Never had the NES version until now. I have played it on my multicarts but I really wanted the original. Best price I have found for this game, $12.99.

And this is dominating my game time this weekend.

there is no spoon

Grindspine

Let's see.. I recently beat Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night...

The game is good.. really good.. A spiritual successor to Symphony of the Night is pretty accurate, although it has a strong dose of Aria of Sorrow and Order of Ecclesia Castlevania games as well.

I purchased and played through the first bit of Nier: Automata.  So far, I like it!  It is a great combo of shoot 'em up, platformer, and hack 'n slash gaming.

Last weekend I did get in a good dose of Overwatch with MasterMario and SpartanEvolved too!

Grindspine

Quote from: retro junkie on August 17, 2019, 09:24:48 AM
Yesterday afternoon I was in my local GameXchange and had to purchase this game. Never had the NES version until now. I have played it on my multicarts but I really wanted the original. Best price I have found for this game, $12.99.

And this is dominating my game time this weekend.

The original is so good!  Exploring with no maps is so confusing at first.  Accomplishing beating the game, beating the game with all 255 missiles, then beating the game in speed run are great accomplishments.

I got to the point where I would pick up the GBA version when I had an hour to kill.  One hour, one life was my standard for playing and beating it back in my early college days.

targetrasp

not without a game genie was I ever able to beat the first Metroid, well actually any Metroid. I never gave it its due because it tough as nails without practice and patience... an hour is truly commendable.

retro junkie

Interestingly I have gotten into Final Fantasy 3 for the DS over the Holiday weekend. I grabbed this up last week from my local GameXchange for around $8. Not sure which one this is in the series. I am thinking that it might be a remake of sorts. I have just got to the point where I can pick my jobs for my characters. Love the gameplay!
there is no spoon

targetrasp

3 and 7 are my all time favorites in the series. I go back and forth on which is tops, but it's always a close call.

retro junkie

I am not sure that they are numbered the same for every system. I find that confusing.
there is no spoon

targetrasp

it is. The American ones released with different numbers than the Japaneese ones, then American ones would release on different systems with the japaneese number scheme. This went on for a little while.

Final Fantasy 3 as I was talking about is Final fantasy 4 in Japan. it was the 4th game in the series released in japan and the third released in north America.

Final fantasy 7 is the 7th final fantasy game in both north American and japan (they got their act strait somewhere after 3 but before 7)

Grindspine

I did beat Nier: Automata for ending W.  Apparently, the game is made to be played through first as 2B, then a second time as 9S to fill out the story line.  Things seem familiar in the second play through of the game, but more detailed...

Nier is a really surreal game!

BLUEVOODU

I beat the 1st Metroid without a Game Genie... but holy crap was that tough.  The Mother Brain battle...

In recent game happenings... I've been playing the new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Beta.  It's pretty fun.

retro junkie

Started Radiant Historia today on my DS. I like the heavy sided story element in this game. Seems to occupy a lot of the gaming experience. I find it refreshing surprisingly. Give more of a depth to the game. You have to make decisions that have real consequences with the twist of time travel to effect the storyline.
Hope I don't get to one of those points where I get stumped not knowing what to do next.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

Made 2 new Super Mario Maker 2 Levels. Played a bit more of Animal Crossing New Leaf.   Bigger house... and I have over half of the fish and insects.  I probably now have 40% of the fossils in museum.

We should probably start a New Leaf progress thread. 

retro junkie

Been totally distracted by "Zoo Keeper" this past 2 weeks on my DS. Nice little puzzle game. I have had it for years. I just dig it out and play it occasionally. This is one of those occasionallys.  :))
there is no spoon

Mai Valentine

I don't have a Switch so I haven't gotten into Mario Maker 2. Or any of the big games for that. :(

What I've been playing recently is Nier Automata on my laptop through Steam with a Xbox One controller. I just finished the amusement park level. That boss was the hardest so far, I died about four times before I finally beat it. But I'm really digging the game.

retro junkie

First game of the new year. I was playing "Metalstorm" on the NES and then did a long play of "Streets of Rage 2" on the Sega Genesis. Had to bail out on stage 8 because I ran out of continues.
there is no spoon

targetrasp

I started up The Outer Worlds a few days ago and am now about 6 hours deep. It's what I've been looking for since Mass Effect.

It was getting compared to Fallout a lot so I originally skipped over it. For whatever reason I wasn't a huge fan of the Fallout series. I'm glad I gave this game a shot, I'm really enjoying it. After I finish I may go back and check out a Fallout game, just to see if I didn't give Fallout the opportunity it deserved.

targetrasp

I finished the my first play through of Outerworlds yesterday. I'm sad it's over with... Fantastic game for anyone looking for a 20 hour distraction

BLUEVOODU

I actually made a tad bit of progress on my backlog.

Mario Pinball (GBA) and Metroid Pinball (DS)... I played both a bit more and made more progress.  It has been a long time since I played those games.  I also played A Link Between Worlds (3DS)... but didn't make a ton of progress there.