Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Author Topic: Official Recent Game Happenings / Progress Thread  (Read 2337 times)

Offline Mai Valentine

• RAcaseal
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Official Recent Game Happenings / Progress Thread
« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2018, 07:39:24 PM »
I finally got around to playing The Last of Us (with the sequel coming soon). I just got to part where there's a clicker and a bunch of regular zombies and I keep dying to the clicker so I took a break. I'm still fairly early in the game, maybe like an hour or two in.

Offline Kinikko

• Piikkkkmin
  • NekoDragon
    • phoenix2552
    • kairi2552
    • Kinikko
    • Kinikko
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2018, 12:00:08 AM »
Started playing Jurassic World Evolution.  So far it's pretty good but very frustrating at times.  I got it on PS4 but maybe it'll be a bit better on PC.

I finally got around to playing The Last of Us (with the sequel coming soon). I just got to part where there's a clicker and a bunch of regular zombies and I keep dying to the clicker so I took a break. I'm still fairly early in the game, maybe like an hour or two in.

Clickers are the worst.  I literally stopped playing that game twice in two different spots just because of them.  >_> 
moo.

Offline mastermario

• Helmet PIG
    • iceman1821
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2018, 12:08:04 AM »

@mastermario @SpartanEvolved I'm still considering overwatch.

Ask @SpartanEvolved about it, he just got one of our friends a newegg discount to buy it for $25 a couple of days ago.

Offline retro junkie

• Tails
  • all your base are belong to us
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2018, 11:21:54 PM »
I've been playing Fire Emblem Warriors on my 3DS. Love the hack in slash style gameplay. Love wading into a crowd of those joy boys and creating havoc knocking everyone into the air. I am presently half way through the game. Started playing during the 4th of July Holidays.
there is no spoon

Offline BLUEVOODU

• Administrator
  • Metal Slug
    • bluevoodu
    • R2EN546
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2018, 05:29:43 PM »
@retro junkie How does that stack against other Fire Emblems?  Might be cool to have a Fire Emblem topic.

I've been somewhat absent from gaming lately.  I've played a few rounds of FortNite.

FINALLY made decent progress in Raiden V for the PS4.  I beat the game... and now have 33-43% of all trophies (don't remember the number).   I'm going to create an updated topic on this game.  It's a lot of fun - if you like the top scroller style shooter (Shmups).  I also beat the game with all S routes.

Offline retro junkie

• Tails
  • all your base are belong to us
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2018, 07:06:56 PM »
@retro junkie How does that stack against other Fire Emblems?  Might be cool to have a Fire Emblem topic.

It is basically built around the over-the-top-powerful Dynasty Warriors-style moves in its battle system. It is still RPG underneath with the strategy. I would have to go back a way to recall any Fire Emblem game I've played, might have been GBA. My memory is foggy. I go for the hack in slash of Dynasty Warriors gameplay so I am thrilled with it. Diehard Fire Emblem purist might be put off.
there is no spoon

Offline BLUEVOODU

• Administrator
  • Metal Slug
    • bluevoodu
    • R2EN546
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2018, 12:34:08 PM »
I made more progress in Raiden V.    I rage quit last night though... hard.   I was last stage... and was going to get the achievement for using the same main gun the entire run.     NOPE....    I ran into a lot of fire... took the hits to miss the main weapon power up... but it happened to slide down my way as my craft spun... and I got the power up JUST AS IT TURNED RED FROM PURPLE.   So many rages, precious.

@retro junkie I think that sounds pretty interesting... wish I had a bit more time to try some of these games.

Anyone else make progress on games?   @Baker_Beezy @Strubes @targetrasp @Mai Valentine @Polygon @Aya-Kun ?

Offline targetrasp

• Simon Belmont
    • bcalrogers
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2018, 06:42:16 PM »
the only thing I've had time for has been stupid cell phone word games or 99 cent steam games, 5 minutes here, elevator ride there, etc.

I did manage to play at least 5 minutes of everything on the NES classic when I first got it earlier this month

Offline mastermario

• Helmet PIG
    • iceman1821
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2018, 12:54:13 AM »
Still Overwatch, almost every night. Starting to get back into Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst as well (cough cough @BLUEVOODU)

Offline Kinikko

• Piikkkkmin
  • NekoDragon
    • phoenix2552
    • kairi2552
    • Kinikko
    • Kinikko
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2018, 08:57:51 PM »
I've been kind of ADD with games lately.  Playing a little bit of No Man's Sky since they just released a big update.  Also picked up a copy of Octopath Traveler and been playing that off and on.  Been also trying to find a 3DS game to play on my new 3DS and settled with Fire Emblem Birthright for a little bit. 
moo.

Offline Mai Valentine

• RAcaseal
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2018, 01:11:25 PM »
I finished the main story of Tales of Zestiria. Now I'm playing the Alisha's Story DLC, which is set just after the ending of Zestiria.

Offline Polygon

• Green PIG
    • BlastMode7
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2018, 01:03:47 PM »
I haven't had time to play anything substantially lately, but I did start playing Sonic Mania finally and the nostalgia is killing me. I really like how they managed to make it feel like a true continuation of the 16 bit games without making it a carbon copy.

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more