Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Official Recent Game Happenings / Progress Thread

Started by BLUEVOODU, March 02, 2018, 12:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

targetrasp

waaay back-log...

everything earlier than last gen (ps4 et. al) has been packed away..

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp yeahhhh.... that was from the WAAYYY back log  ;D

Most of my stuff has been packed away.  I also started Lego Ninjago on the PS Vita.  I'm about to start Lego Pirates of the Caribbean on the PlayStation 3.

targetrasp

@retro junkie mentioned Radiant Historia a while ago so i picked up the Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology for 3ds and @Grindspine 's talk of Octopath reminded me I had it. Amazon won't deliver Octo until tuesday so to prime the RPG pump I unrwapped Radiant and went to work.

I'd planned on playing for an hour or two but I've already put over 7 hours in the game. Its almost good enough to be mentioned along side chronotrigger and Final Fantasy. Atlus makes some good games and this is by far one of them. Octopath may not get played until i finish Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology.

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp @retro junkie now you make me want to buy Radiant Historia...

We made a bit of progress in Minecraft on our level.   We are now connecting 2 bases with rails and cart.  That's a major undertaking.  I crafted a pretty cool Ax that gets us tons of stones like gemstones, coal...etc... but no ore like Iron and Gold.   I wonder if @AngelBob is still playing

targetrasp

@BLUEVOODU Radiata Historia is awesome - I'm 20 hours deep right now.

targetrasp

I started up Paper Mario Origami King Saturday night. It's about as good expected, it makes me want to dig out Super Mario RPG and the SNES.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: targetrasp on January 26, 2021, 11:05:56 PM
@BLUEVOODU Radiata Historia is awesome - I'm 20 hours deep right now.

Well...  I may have to add this game to my collection.  Also, Paper Mario Origami King is rather awesome.   Color Splash was great.. though it didn't have the highest reviews.  Origami... that's a great pick up.

targetrasp

I blew my game diet and prepurchased / picked up every February release game I was interested in plus got a ton of xbox 360 / ps3 games. It's really slowed my Radiata progress and on top of that i started up Ys 9. I've got to get through these RPGs because Bravely Default 2 will be here before I know it and I've continually put of getting Immortal Fenyx Rising..

CreepinDeth

Went through Tomb Raider remake and just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider, next up is Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

After that, I'm starting a Resident Evil run so that when I'm done, RE 8 should be out.

targetrasp

@CreepinDeth --- Tomb Raider is defiantly a series I want to give another look to. I've played them all but never finished one...

CreepinDeth

Quote from: targetrasp on February 18, 2021, 09:07:02 PM
@CreepinDeth --- Tomb Raider is defiantly a series I want to give another look to. I've played them all but never finished one...

They're pretty good. Can drag a bit if you're trying to get 100% on every level but it's a good romp and the first two are super cheap nowadays if you wait for a sale.

AngelBob

Phew it's been a minute since I was on here, sorry about that. Work has been kicking my butt, but I have been playing Minecraft with the fam off and on. Had some weird issue with our server so had to start over :-/

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on January 26, 2021, 11:33:58 AM
@targetrasp @retro junkie now you make me want to buy Radiant Historia...

We made a bit of progress in Minecraft on our level.   We are now connecting 2 bases with rails and cart.  That's a major undertaking.  I crafted a pretty cool Ax that gets us tons of stones like gemstones, coal...etc... but no ore like Iron and Gold.   I wonder if @AngelBob is still playing

BLUEVOODU

@AngelBob Yeah... work has been kicking my butt as well.   So have additional certifications.  I am working through a few more.

We made major progress in our Minecraft town that we have been building for years.  We have a nether travel system and are working to do a rail system between a few of the time.

It's cool to see you back!  Hopefully we will get to see you back more.

retro junkie

I grabbed one of these. Yeah I know there is that gray area there somewhere, but I didn't load it up, they are the ones that put over 33,000 games on it. Been doing some arcade gaming. The wireless controllers that came with it are very cheap. One lasted a day and a half, now dead. (but I knew this from reviews) Pulled out an old PS2 wireless and it connected, boom! Better controller anyway.

Been playing Ninja Baseball Bat Man by irem. It is a side scrolling beat'em up.
there is no spoon

targetrasp

I see these on amazon advertising 40-50 thousand games included but never says what games... Is it worth it or is there 9400 mahjong clones, each difficulty counting as whole new game, shovel ware that'd make the wii jealous... I just can't see 50,000 games on a clone console... we're talking a fraction of a penny per game... my brain hurts...

retro junkie

@targetrasp if you can get a hold of this thing for the same price that I did, $65. (I have since seen it for $59 on Aliexpress.) I would say it is worth every penny. What causes the drop in value to me are the controllers. The little box, from a quality perspective, I have no idea concerning its durability. But I figure if it lasts 65 days, $1 a day, then, yeah, I can live with that. But I am thinking it will last longer.
This is loaded with emulators running "Retroarch OS."  Games? I really don't know where to start. This thing has got Atari 2600, Amstrad CPC, Neo Geo, Mame, SNES, N64, PS1, etc, around 47 emulators of game consoles with original games. For a simple plug and play device, I am impressed. A rasberry Pi would take a little of your time putting together, but this is a cheap simple alternative. Being that it is loaded down with games, I personally would not add to what I have here. There is enough for me. The only repeats would be the same game in the arcade ported to the Genesis and SNES, just for example. But I get where you are coming from.
This thing, I think, is an old left over TV Box running android with Retroarch running from the SD card. Why do I find these things out too late? I have since watched a video on Youtube on how to convert one of those boxes into something like this, but then there is all that work involved, and the rom thing.
I will just settle for this thing. And I will set back and enjoy.
This is really an awesome little box, for what it is. Runs N64, PS1, and what few games for the Dreamcast, very good.
there is no spoon

targetrasp

I just cant get around that many games! A lot of the platforms had less than 1000 games total. I guess it does add up, especially with arcade as well.. I'm super curious now.

retro junkie

Some of those early home computers like the Amiga, Commodore 64, Atari ST, Atari 800, has a ton of games. Close to 5000 each. The Genesis has 890, SNES 1232, NES all of them. Going back over the different systems I have discovered two SNES and Genesis, US releases, Japan releases. Include the different arcade games, 2000 for mame, all the handheld consoles, yes them too. They only had 3 games for the Dreamcast. Must be the only three that perhaps runs good? It adds up to a lot of games.
there is no spoon

targetrasp

may be something i check out while waiting on the polymega...

Spent another 5 hours in Mass Effect between last night and this morning. Still taking my sweet time with it. It may be a contender for a platinum trophy run.

targetrasp

Mass Effect 1 down, still have a few more trophies to get to platinum it, then on to Mass Effect 2. I must say, really digging the legendary edition. I'd imagine if anyone played through when these games came out, then played through again when the trilogy was released, the legendary edition may be too soon, otherwise it's the right amount of time between initial release and second play-through.

retro junkie

Took a notion to turn on the Wii-U today. Put in a Wii game, Pirates PlundARRR. A hidden gem in the Wii library. It is a strategy side scrolling hack n slash, beatem up. You can build you character up the way you want. Up to four players. I got my tail whipped.
there is no spoon

targetrasp

@retro junkie I'd never heard of that game until it started showing up on youtubers hidden gems videos. Judging by name and case alone it just looks like another wii shovelware title. The critics weren't kind either, it shows 60 on metacritic. Despite all that I see it in hidden gems videos and every person that I've heard take the time to play it likes it. If I ever get a chance to pick it up I will, just maybe not for the 20 bucks it sells for on eBay.

I missed a dialogue option early in mass effect that'd require another play through for me to platinum so I moved on to ME2. I didn't get the "use x power 25 times ones" either, not sure if it has to be shephard that does it or one of the team (although if it was one of the team surely i would have gotten some of those trophies after a 35 hour playthrough). I may revisit 1 later. I'm not using a guide or walk through so I was bound to miss something, no real reason to start using a guide or turn back now. I'll have to settle for partially complete.

retro junkie

Bump!!!

I pulled my GB SP out last week and decided to play Lunar Legends again. It has been so long that I don't remember any of this. I am almost 20 hours in and really enjoying it, like it was first time. They altered a lot of things from the PS1 version, but that is okay. Not sure why I remembered that, but I did remember some of the things playing it. I got to pull it out and start playing it on my PS3 after this GB SP gaming is over and done.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

Nice!  I haven't brought out the SP in a long time... a very long time. The battery is still good!  I did check it somewhat recently - didn't play it though... other tasks had to be completed.

Minecraft Dungeons -- I just earned the Minecraft Dungeons platinum trophy - topic link here.
Call of Duty - Modern Warfare II --> was playing a bit with @targetrasp  ... ended up having to finish my last certification test.  Passed... now holiday stuff.  But need to get back on this soon.

targetrasp

Weird to go back and see what I was doing a year and a half ago!

Mass Effect got completely forgotten, Although its on my mind now..

MW2 needs some love again. It's one of those you talk about playing for an hour or two and next thing you know the day is blown. This may be why I don't spin it up as often as I'd like. It'd be great to join up with some of the CDGers'

Some friends talked me into game pass for PC and we've been playing Gunfire Reborn. Great game with a few friends, not so great solo. Also playing Chained Echoes on game pass. It's a RPG with a decent story but really cool (although pretty simple to dominate) battle system. A few hours in they're still adding mechanics and it's getting a little more complex. I've got some high hopes for the game.

Retro consoles, series x, and switch have been gathering dust. Work gets really slow during the first quarter so maybe I'll find some extra play time.

BLUEVOODU

Yeah... need MW2 love again!

I have been playing a bit of Cup Head - Physical release on the Switch.  Thinking of creating a topic here... and also have been playing more Minecraft dungeons.  I recently platinum trophied the game - topic here: Minecraft Dungeons PS4 / PS5 - 100% Complete Platinum Trophy

@targetrasp - maybe we need a topic for Gunfire and potentially GamePass  :great:

mastermario

Lately been playing mostly Fifa 22 (GamePass), Elden Ring, and @Grindspine, @SpartanEvolved and I just finished playing some Back 4 Blood which was fun but hard.