Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Mario Party 5 - Game Cube

Started by Princess Peach, August 31, 2018, 11:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess Peach

Ok,so I must say that I absolutely love this game with a die hard passion. Although infamous for its ability to end friendships due to fighting, it has been a  huge hit with me and my friends. The mini games are the best part in my view. I love Mario Party 5 more than the more current versions, such as Mario Party 10 for the Wii U. I just didn't get into the whole wagon concept, and the mini games weren't as fun as the ones in 5. This is probably because I grew up playing Mario Party 5, so it will always have a special place with me.

The graphics aren't much to brag about, but this is expected due to the lovely graphics we have today. My character of choice has always been Princess Peach, who has really been one of my favorite Nintendo characters. I can't say that I've had a whole lot of victories, but on a couple of occasions I've won the glorious Superstar award that everyone seems to fight to the death for :)

What have been some of your funny Mario Party moments, wins, or even fails? Comment with your story, and feel free to ask a question! I'd love to hear about all of your guys' Mario Moments. :)

Bomber Man

That is a good Mario party, because of the good mini games, and of the character selection
The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma...

Princess Peach

@Bomber Man  It really is a good version! I wonder if others feel the same about it, or if the other Mario Party's have become more "popular".

BLUEVOODU

Mario Party 5 is one of my favorites... by far.  It wasn't until we Played Mario Party 6 that I found a Mario Party close to 5 - maybe even better.  Mario Party 6 had the Sun / Moon characters... and night / day maps.

@mastermario , @Grindspine , @SpartanEvolved and I would play Mario Part 5 when they would come over for LAN parties.   Family Wise, we would play Mario Party 5 all the time... and recently we started playing Mario Party 6.

Mario Party 5 is a proper entry into the series.  I don't think it has received enough love over the years from those reviewing all the Mario Party games.  It doesn't score extremely high on the list.  This game is still extremely fun to go back to and play.

mastermario

I think I only own Mario Party 2 and 3 (at one point I think I owned 4 but I think I sold or traded it). Outside of 1, 2, and 3 I lost track of them and can't keep them straight so I really couldn't tell you which GC one I think is better haha.

BLUEVOODU

LOL... I miss those LAN nights  where we played Mario Party.  That was ridiculously fun.

idk... it's hard to say whether Mario Party 5 or 6 is better.  I love 5 a lot ... but 6 improved upon some things and made the action faster.

Bomber Man

5 is the best.

6 has too many generous things

BLUEVOODU

Bomber Man

like they were tooooooooooooooooooo generous on coins. Way toooooooooooooooooooo generous. That made it easy to buy stars, and items.

targetrasp

it was fun hitting triple digits in coins.