Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Burnout Paradise Remastered - Xbox One and PS4 - Releases March 16th - The Verge

Started by BLUEVOODU, February 21, 2018, 11:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

The Verge - Burnout Paradise Remastered on XBOX One and PS4 - Release Date
Check this out... and ZOMG... I cannot wait.  I Will be buying it for the PS4... 1st day.  Don't care... breaking my no game buying until more backlog is cleared out rule.  This rule has been in place since 2016... and has largely been upheld sans a few releases and unavoidable steam sales lol :D

Who else is excited for this? 

I put this in the Xbox One Board... It needed a little more love. As title states... it covers both releases.

retro junkie

Burnout Paradise goes on my list as a must purchase for my XBOX one, right now.
there is no spoon

targetrasp

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: retro junkie on February 21, 2018, 07:46:30 PM
Burnout Paradise goes on my list as a must purchase for my XBOX one, right now.

YuS!    I'm getting it for the PLaystation 4... just shut up and take my money now... jeez...

Quote from: targetrasp on February 21, 2018, 09:21:19 PM
Who'd have thought a Guns N Roses song would sell me on a game I'd completely discounted a decade ago...

LOL.. I know... it's such a great way to start the game as well... timeless, classic, might I say.... perfection?   I seriously think they achieved perfection 10/10 on this title.    I know that's a personal opinion... but  10/10.  Hopefully they don't ruin the remaster :D lol.

If anyone else is getting it for the PS4... I'll join up for multiplayer runs / achievements.

Kinikko

The only burnout I ever played was Burnout Revenge and that's only cause my cousin loved the multiplayer crash mode.  Does Paradise have something like that?  Or is it a feature in all Burnout games?
moo.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: Kinikko on February 21, 2018, 11:50:34 PM
The only burnout I ever played was Burnout Revenge and that's only cause my cousin loved the multiplayer crash mode.  Does Paradise have something like that?  Or is it a feature in all Burnout games?

There was a crash mode called Showtime.  This allowed you to flip your car and then boost while flipping to hit all the vehicles and signs.   Busses added multipliers.  As long as you hit stuff, your boost refills.

is this what you're talking about.

@ TArget... I'm buying PS4 version as well.

PUMPED!

BLUEVOODU

Release Date appears to STILL be March 16th.  I will have it 1st day... and let me know if anyone else has this game.

Heck... maybe I can take the day off.  I need some good BV time.  Been too much adulting and work lately.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: targetrasp on March 04, 2018, 10:30:38 PM
I've prepaid mine already.
where at?  I cannot seem to pre-buy at amazon yet.   It says it's currently unavailable for the PS4 at least.  I might just try to pre-buy at Best Buy or something.

targetrasp

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: targetrasp on March 06, 2018, 08:27:33 AM
gamestop - they acted like there wasn't going to be a big supply

I will have to try them. It's a bit concerning Amazon doesn't even have the pre-order link out there 10 days before launch.

targetrasp

The digital code is available on amazon but not a physical game as of this writing

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: targetrasp on March 06, 2018, 02:47:05 PM
The digital code is available on amazon but not a physical game as of this writing
Yeah - I see that... I really want the physical copy.  Digital copies are ok... I'm still a bit  oldschool that I like to have the disc and packaging.  Then again... the disc and packaging really doesn't make a lot of difference these days.   I still like it though.

targetrasp

BLUEVOODU

:exclamation:
Quote from: targetrasp on March 10, 2018, 09:45:58 PM
same - I need something else to ("forget to") dust

LOL - exactly.  Funny how that happens.

I pre-ordered from Best Buy.  AND now Amazon offered the pre-order.  To your other topic (will respond to it today)... I noticed the discount wasn't offered for Prime.   That's weird... because another game I checked had the discount.   But once the game was ready for pre-order on Amazon, it was less than 2 weeks until launch.

targetrasp

I'm excited, although there's so much coming out in the next two weeks it may get lost in the shuffle, I've preordered a ton of games in the last 7 days...

Aya-Kun

While I'll be getting it for PS4 I can't wait for this -well not long to wait tomorrow now XD- had a copied pre-ordered on Amazon since they put the physical copy up.

So looking forward to playing it again I can't tell you how many hours I spent playing the original game, so so many hours XD

BLUEVOODU

Exactly... I'm excited for tomorrow!  I took the day off with my son and will pick up Burnout Paradise Remastered - HOPEFULLY around 10am. 

This is one of my most played PS3 games.  I had an issue with the trophies when they added them on the PS3 - some of them couldn't be achieved without having to delete the save file and restarting lol....  nope... not doing that.  So hopefully this will be a 100% achieved game this time around.

BLUEVOODU

ok  -  on 1st playtest, the game didn't look a TON different.  The colors were better, draw distance, and a few other things looked better.   I don't have a Playstation 4 Pro yet or a 4K TV.

This game is every bit as fun as it was on the PS3.   Here's an OK comparison:
Burnout Paradise Remastered Graphics Comparison - SegmentNext.com   
Note: the site doesn't load the greatest though.

Also I like how the Verge puts it... "this game was ahead of it's time and Burnout Paradise Remastered shows how timeless it is:"
Burnout Paradise was ahead of its time - theverge.com

I will continue to update the thread as I play through the game.

Post up your thoughts!

targetrasp

still trying to go pick mine up,

is there a multiplayer experience and is it good?

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: targetrasp on March 16, 2018, 06:29:52 PM
still trying to go pick mine up,

is there a multiplayer experience and is it good?

It's fun - does have some limitation to it.   IE You race... there are some achievements based on Multiplayer... but it doesn't have MAJOR staying power.  If that makes sense.

If you bought the PS4 version, we can join up at some point and achieve.  Just use Discord for voice chat... easier than PS4 chat - if that works for you.  I never bought a Ps4 headset... probably have a compatible one though.

I'm also going to make a PS4 topic (or couple) based on different aspects of the game - to keep the conversation rolling.