Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Started by Grindspine, July 07, 2019, 09:19:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grindspine

I folded pretty quickly and bought this one from Steam the day of release.  Although many have been calling it the spiritual successor to Castlevania's Symphny of the Night, it does really borrow heavily from more recent Castlevania games.

I see heavy influence from Aria of Sorrow, Order of Ecclesia, and graphical style reminiscent of the PSP's Dracula X Chronicles.  Miriam's shard collection is not far from Soma's souls or Shanoa's glyphs.  The weapon selection is similar to those titles as well.  There are many subtle references to earlier Castlevania games [spoiler](Avenge Trevor's Death, and Invert!)[/spoilder], but there are many fresh takes on older concepts.

So far, I really like it.  Renee has been playing the game almost as much as I have so far too!

Grindspine

I wrote this while way too tired and put it in the wrong category!

Anyway, finished the main story of the game last night after about 28 hours of gameplay.  I have nowhere near 100% on shards, items, or skill mastery, so there is still replay value there!

I have also not yet finished the 8-bit nightmare level!

BLUEVOODU

@Grindspine Where would you like the topic moved?  Oddly enough.. I thought I replied to this topic..

I laughed because Renee was going to take it over. Lol.

This game looks really good. I haven't pulled the trigger yet. But I keep looking at it and everything about this game looks really cool.  It also looks like something @retro junkie @CreepinDeth and @targetrasp would really like.

Future BV says mine...

targetrasp

I got it during the steam summer sale, haven't fired it up yet but it's in the queue

Grindspine

It is multi-system, Steam, Switch, PS4, and Xbone, so I do not know which category.

Renee has been taking over my PC to play it.  Since I sleep less than she does, I still beat it first though!  100% of rooms are found, but there are still several collections of items and masteries that I have not completed.

CreepinDeth

I plan on picking it up sometime this year, lol. Saving my money for the new mini consoles being released this year first.