Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Mobile games to play with kids?

Started by AngelBob, July 09, 2019, 06:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngelBob

Other than Minecraft and Pokemon Go, any suggestions for kid friendly games that aren't incredibly boring that I can play with my kids?

BLUEVOODU

Welcome to the forums and your 1st post! @AngelBob - minecraft and pokemon go lol :)).

I kid.  So... there is a pretty cool Animal Crossing game called Animal Crossing Pocket Camp.   Other kids have enjoyed playing The Room, Temple Run, My Singing Monsters, and Adventure Capitalist.  Those should get you started!

Candy / Soda Crush and titles like that are good follow ups.

Let us know what you try and liked!

AngelBob

Oh man, I forgot about Animal Crossing! Maybe I can get them into that...

AngelBob

And yes, I know lol I'm not a huge gamer like most people, why I've just lurked and not posted before. I played my share of snes and atari back in the day...and intellivision haha. But anymore I don't have a ton of time so my gaming is pretty much Minecraft with my kid 😂

BLUEVOODU

@AngelBob  yeah... Animal Crossing is rather fun.  I get more in there DS and 3DS versions, but it was pretty fun on the iPad and is worth a few plays.  I think @Mai Valentine plays that as well.

You know.. Even in the old days at the old site... lurkers were common lol.   A lot of our members lurk.. And it's awesome when they jump off the fence and participate. We definitely can use the additional activity to continue moving the site forward.  Either way, we are glad to have you on board.

Big gamer or not, we have movie posts and other things In the general board in the nexus ... feel free to post up in any topic no matter how old.   We also have retro and sections for older systems - @retro junkie , @targetrasp , and @CreepinDeth  frequent those a bit more... especially with the classic systems coming out!

BLUEVOODU

Oh!  Don't forget angry birds!   :))

Feel free to bring others on board too. We would love to have them on board.

AngelBob

My toddler used to be into 3ds animal crossing, but anymore they'd rather just play on their tablet lol..

I'll have to check out the retro section, it's nice being in a gamer forum where people don't just treat me like I'm some 80yo man hahaha

retro junkie

If anybody is going to be the 80yr old man it will be me.  :)) And did someone say classic, hummm and retro?
there is no spoon

AngelBob

@retro junkie  I still have my original wii, the version that plays Gamecube discs! The kids left it on overnight a few weeks ago and I threatened death and destruction if they ever do that again...

Up until a few years ago my snes still worked, but bit the dust finally. I got one of the newer systems that plays snes cartridges but the controllers kinda suck. I can't get up to 30 superjumps in Mario RPG with poor button response times lol.

retro junkie

@AngelBob For your SNES gaming you need a Hyperkin SuperRetron HD, Gamerz Tek 16-bit HD, or a Retro-bit Super Retro Trio HD. Either one of these would allow you to use the original SNES game pad. That is unless you are experiencing some sort of latency issues between the TV and the console, incompatibility maybe?

For multiplayer gaming with your children, I would suggest the Nintendo DSi "Bomberman." It is always fun to blow someone up. Get that competitive spirit pumping. Also Animal Crossing, my daughter an I have enjoyed that for years. Mario Kart racing is another one of those competitive games.

I like dedicated gaming systems for gaming. I recommend DSi or 3DS. On the 3DS the monster Hunter game could be a winner.
there is no spoon

AngelBob

@retro junkie  I will def look into one of those, thanks! Also thanks for the game suggestions, I will have to get the big kids to dig out their DSs so we can all blow each other up haha

retro junkie

@AngelBob for years, we as a family, including my Wife, blew each other up with bomberman. It was part of our family time. My Daughter now is in her thirties and those are some of those childhood memories.  ;)
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

@retro junkie @AngelBob  - Bomberman... Now that game is a blast.  No Pun Intended...  Even Bomberman R on the Switch is awesome.

My favorite is still Super Bomberman on the SNES... though the Switch and DS versions are fun.

AngelBob

Fired up animal crossing tonight, I only had 60 some weeds 😆

BLUEVOODU

@AngelBob lol... hey BTW... bomberman posted Animal Crossing Wild World in the Retro Section.  It's a really cool game... hard to believe it came out in 2005.

AngelBob

@BLUEVOODU yeah time flies...I was telling this kid at work about "the new Korn cd" and realized it came out over 10 years ago. Oops.

BLUEVOODU

LOL...  yeah.  Been there ...

Did you all play Animal Crossing Pocket Camp?

AngelBob

The older kids said it was dumb, I didn't really get into it, I tend to not like games that push you to buy stuff but my youngest loves it.

BLUEVOODU

Oh really? That's Interesting @AngelBob .   Well... bummer they didn't enjoy it.   We have a bit of fun playing it... but definitely don't play it all the time.  Maybe the older kids don't enjoy Animal Crossing either?

AngelBob

@BLUEVOODU yeah the oldest likes CoD and GTA, the middle one doesn't really game at all, and the younger one usually plays Minecraft with the toddler... It's cool they have Minecraft for mobile devices now.

BLUEVOODU

oh yeah  ... @AngelBob  ... we play Minecraft or used to play on mobile devices quite a bit.  It was pretty cool to make levels on Apple devices when it 1st came out.  Now they morphed it into a much larger game.  Minecraft is definitely a great game to play. 

The battle mini games are a blast too

AngelBob

It's pretty fun, we pay for a realm because we're neeerrrrrds haha.

BLUEVOODU

lol Nice! Neeeerrrdddddd.   :))    That's cool you buy your own realm though @AngelBob .   I was thinking about it at one point.  There was a lot we were doing with Minecraft.   We just haven't played a lot of it in the last 1-2 years.  Before that... we were playing almost every day.

The battle mini games are a lot of fun.  Did you get into those?

AngelBob

@BLUEVOODU  I'm not big into the mini games, my youngest likes to play them so every once in awhile I'll play hide and seek with her. My favorite thing to do is dig lol... It's a good thing the laws of gravity don't apply in Minecraft because I've dug out pretty much everything under our town.

BLUEVOODU

Yeah @AngelBob . We did the same thing.  Dig down from a mountain side house.  Lol... worst is when you dig down and hit sand with water above it, dig cobblestone with lava above it, or mine a solid stone and there's gravel above it...  rage worthy lol.

AngelBob

Yeah I seen to have a talent for finding lava above my head...

AngelBob

Here's the tower I built in the realm I joined awhile back.

BLUEVOODU

LOL!  Nice!   That's a pretty cool tower.   What else have you created?

I Would show you one of our complex levels... but we lost it in the transfer.  We transformed this mount from top to bottom in creative with Cool waterfalls - IE as if they were fountains down the entire side of the mountain.    We had an emerald fortress on top... with a cool observation deck where you could snipe forever away with the bow.  I'll try to post up pics at some point of some of our other creations.

We made a really cool tree surrounded / covered fort at one point on the IOS version (pocket edition).  BUT... that version stopped working due to bad iPad... so... we lost those levels too.

AngelBob

@BLUEVOODU that's a bummer! We lost a few levels due to crashed phone too. I'll take some more screenshots and post this weekend.

AngelBob

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more