Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Turbo Grafx-16 Mini Pre-Order

Started by BLUEVOODU, July 14, 2019, 10:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

I will use this topic for the pre-order.  You can also use the Prime Day link in General in the Prime Day topic.

As of right now, I don't see the Pre-Order Link / product page for the Turbo Grafx-16 Mini.  There are Hori Controllers and other products out there.

Turbo Grafx-16 Mini Pre-Order items:

Release Date: March 19, 2020

I'm definitely pre-ordering tomorrow... I've dug many games on the Turbo Grafx and Duo.  It would be cool if they offered a Duo version in the future.

retro junkie

I have signed up for the email alert.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

Yeah... for whatever reason, the Turbo Grafx-16 Mini still isn't available today.  Maybe they are delaying it or something lol... NOOOO

retro junkie

@BLUEVOODU preorder for the PC Engine Mini on Amazon Japan is going on. Why are we being left out?

$107.11
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

@retro junkie What in the world...  I tell you.   No love for the US market yet.

Hopefully this is coming soon.   I'm with @targetrasp on this one... I cannot wait for Blazing Lasers.   My Turbo Express died awhile back... I just haven't fixed it yet.  There are how to articles and I do stuff with electronics, but I would hate to screw it up 100%.  Another look into this needs to be done.

@MegaDrive20XX - Not sure you will see this... but are you looking forward to this as well?

MegaDrive20XX

Very interested good sir. I'm around, just been so busy with life. It caught up too quickly.
Papa Retro

targetrasp

mine's been ordered. got crash n' sane trilogy and kingdom hearts 3 while I was at it.

BLUEVOODU

@MegaDrive20XX WWOOOTT  Welcome back Mega!  :)) Glad to have you back on board!  I hear you... we need to catch up.  It's been awhile.

@retro junkie - It's live now!  After @targetrasp said he purchased, I checked the link and it's live.

I was checking out the Crash N' Sane Trilogy and Horizon.  Kingdom Hearts 3 looks like a great deal...  very good.  Dangit.. I might have to pick that up as well for $20.

BLUEVOODU

Double post.... I find it interesting they did not list the games yet on the Amazon Page.   I wonder why details are lacking.

retro junkie

Okay I'm on board. Just made my preorder. The first mini for me and it took the Turbografx 16 to do it!

edit: I hope someone comes up with some sort of way to add my other games onto the console. We need a hack!!
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

@retro junkie man... I'm pumped for this.  I doubt you will be disappointed.  I wish there was a way to play old hu-cards on the system as well. That would be awesome.

And I agree with you. There should be a way to buy new packs of games or something to add to the console.

@CreepinDeth here is the pre-order topic!

retro junkie

@BLUEVOODU get ready for more games!!!! @targetrasp great additions to the mini!! @CreepinDeth this is getting better!!
Here's the list of new additions coming to the TurboGrafx-16 mini (and PC Engine mini for Japan):

Seirei Senshi Spriggan (PC Engine)
Spriggan Mark 2 (PC Engine)
Dragon Spirit (PC Engine)
Galaga '88 (PC Engine)
The Genji and the Heike Clans (PC Engine)
The Legend of Valkyrie (PC Engine)
Splatterhouse (TurboGrafx-16)
Konami also confirmed today that developer M2 is responsible for emulating "all 57 included titles for the retro console, ensuring that every game is playable at the highest quality."
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

@retro junkie .. Man... they added Splatterhouse.  How could I have forgotten that game?  I wonder how it holds up... it's been forever.

This is good news.

targetrasp

I didn't realize splatterhouse was even on the tg... nice add

retro junkie

I hope they add Gate of Thunder before the release date.
there is no spoon

targetrasp

This game had a great soundtrack, especially during the intro to the game. From what I remember the game was pretty tough. It wasn't usually the bullets or lasers that got you, it was trying to squeeze between enemies or parts of the stage. The boss fight always had a trick but were pretty tricky too. Some of the bosses had lasers that would curve or do a hard 90 right at you, others made you squeeze in spots about the size of your ship to shoot their weakness.

That'd be a great game to include

BLUEVOODU

@retro junkie and @targetrasp  - Gate of Thunder.... maybe they'll make a Duo Mini next?   That was a great game.  Also Lords of Thunder.

yeah... Splatterhouse was on the TG16 as well.  I don't know if it was as good as the FM Towns Marty version or not.   Unfortunately, my FM Towns Marty experience was a bit limited.

targetrasp

FM Towns Marty... there's a retro console dozens will flock to buy!

CreepinDeth

targetrasp

BLUEVOODU

LOL @CreepinDeth good meme... yes..   

I doubt it'll be possible... I'm not even sure the total amount of games they have.  Sounds like we need an FM Towns Marty topic... *cough*  ;D

targetrasp

is this still happening? it feels like I preordered this years ago

retro junkie

I hope so. I am so hyped.  8)
Supposed to happen next month.
there is no spoon

targetrasp

amazon looks to have moved their release date on the tg 16 to December 31st 2020... Hopefully this is a screw up BUT I'm sure its getting delayed

BLUEVOODU

@retro junkie @targetrasp I hope this is still happening as well.   For those that haven't pre-ordered...  you can still use the links on the beginning of this thread.

I REALLY hope that December 2020 date is NOT the real deal.    I haven't heard that it's being delayed yet.    Any other news you have found?

retro junkie

That is very disappointing if that is a delayed date. I do not understand why. They have had plenty of time. I want mine now.  ;)
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

lol... but DADDY... I WANT THE TG16 MINI NOW!  ;D

I do too... I can't wait to see how it plays on the more modern TV's with the proper connections.   It's been awhile since I've really played many Turbo Grafx games.  I think the last time MAY have been when I bought some of the games on Virtual Console on the Wii.

Speaking of which... my Turbo Express still has bit the dust.  I need to figure out how to get it fixed or fix it.

retro junkie

I have both the PC Engine and the Turbo Grafx 16 consoles. Plus the Turbo Duo and Turbo Express. My Turbo Express needs to be repaired as it has fallen to the capacitor issue. I have a ton of games, many from the Turbo glory days. Hooking it up to the HD TV experience has mixed results. I have a cheap convertor that makes you grit your teeth, or I can directly use the RCA connection, jagged pixel nation. But it works to get that TG 16 fix.
there is no spoon

targetrasp

13 bucks on ebay, just get your soldering gun out and watch a youtube video or two

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp I'm going to create a new topic for the Turbo Express capacitor issue.   I have a new soldering iron that needs a bit of a break in  ;D  Post coming soon.

and back to the Turbo Grafx 16 mini topic!