Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Anyone else Ingress?

Started by AngelBob, July 17, 2019, 01:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngelBob

This is probably a long shot, but if anyone else here plays Ingress, I will be at the Madison WI anomaly in a couple weeks!

BLUEVOODU

@AngelBob -- Isn't this the game that where it turns GPS locations into bases and what not.  You then have to take them over from other people?

CreepinDeth

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on July 17, 2019, 11:25:11 PM
@AngelBob -- Isn't this the game that where it turns GPS locations into bases and what not.  You then have to take them over from other people?

It is. They're the ones who also co-developed Pokemon Go.

BLUEVOODU

Awesome @CreepinDeth   there were a few guys at work that played this.   The nearby water tower was a huge base of some sort lol.   No one could beat it... it was someone else's base and they had it to level 50 or some ridiculous level. It was quite funny.

I never played it... but it really looked like a lot of fun and watched others play it were and there.

So @AngelBob - how often do you play?

AngelBob

@BLUEVOODU nowhere near as much as I used to lol...I started when it was still in beta in 2013. I basically played nonstop for a few years, but some local players on the other team started stalking people hardcore so I stopped playing for a couple years except at out of town events.
Thankfully the toxic players all quit or got banned, so now we have a much better community. We all got together for earth day this year and cleaned up like 850lbs of trash!
I try to go to at least one anomaly in a series, I have all the anomaly badges so far, which not a lot of players have achieved. I still haven't reached the top level 😄 but with kids it's hard to play as much as I used to.

AngelBob

Quote from: CreepinDeth on July 18, 2019, 09:46:31 PM
Quote from: BLUEVOODU on July 17, 2019, 11:25:11 PM

It is. They're the ones who also co-developed Pokemon Go.

Those dang pokemon players *shakes fist* git off my lawn!!! Lol

BLUEVOODU

@AngelBob So players used to stalk people?  How did that go?

yeah... our friends had a hard to find Pokémon in between a neighbor's and their house.  People were stopping on the sidewalk there all the time.

AngelBob

@BLUEVOODU  there's an in game comm in ingress and you can see when portals are taken over by the other team. A few creepers on the other team were using it to stalk people on our team. One guy started threatening violence against us so we noped out...no game is worth getting shot over! The other team quickly realized that trying to play one sided isn't very fun, they ended up ostracizing that guy from their gruops and he finally ended up quitting.
Because in true Niantic style, they wouldn't ban him even with screenshots of him talking about "stray bullets".

BLUEVOODU

That's crazy... @AngelBob  Not cool.   That threat crap does not belong in video games.

Glad it's chilled a bit now.