Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Nier Automata on Steam

Started by Grindspine, August 03, 2019, 04:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grindspine

Nier Automata is on sale on Steam for PC for 33% off at $26.79.

I read some reviews about the PC port not having 1080 resolution, but do not have a PS4 or Xbone.

Anyone familiar with the PC version of Nier?

BLUEVOODU

I am not... I believe it was @Mai Valentine or @Aya-Kun that used to play this on the Console.

My guess is the game is a console port to PC.   I was looking into this game as well.. but haven't pulled the trigger.   $26+ is still a bit salty too me with a large backlog as it is.

Mai Valentine

It's the kind of game that the controls really were meant for a controller. If you end up getting the PC version, set it up so you can use a PS4 controller with it (you have to download extra software for that though) or use the Xbox One controller (that's what I'm doing).

Graphically it looks fine to me, but I haven't played the PS4 version to compare.

Grindspine

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on August 08, 2019, 08:16:27 PM
I am not... I believe it was @Mai Valentine or @Aya-Kun that used to play this on the Console.

My guess is the game is a console port to PC.   I was looking into this game as well.. but haven't pulled the trigger.   $26+ is still a bit salty too me with a large backlog as it is.

You probably would not really play all the way through it, and it is a game that needs to be played ALL of the way through to really get it.  The first two parts of the game are similar play through campaigns with 2B and 9S.  The third "chapter" brings it together with the character A2.  It has a very complex story line, so it is not a game that you can just pick up and play for a few hours.

Mai Valentine

Yeah I only play when I know I can dedicate several hours to it, as I end up usually playing about three or four hours worth at a time. I'm still on 2B's part and I accidentally advanced the story past a point where I can no longer do some of the sidequests, so I'll probably even go back to an earlier save and get them done before I move on.

Grindspine

Quote from: Mai Valentine on December 13, 2019, 06:12:24 PM
Yeah I only play when I know I can dedicate several hours to it, as I end up usually playing about three or four hours worth at a time. I'm still on 2B's part and I accidentally advanced the story past a point where I can no longer do some of the sidequests, so I'll probably even go back to an earlier save and get them done before I move on.

When you finish all three story lines, you can then go back to any chapter to finish side quests and complete your item collecting!

Mai Valentine

Quote from: Grindspine on December 14, 2019, 04:40:02 PM
Quote from: Mai Valentine on December 13, 2019, 06:12:24 PM

When you finish all three story lines, you can then go back to any chapter to finish side quests and complete your item collecting!

Yeah, I figured that out later! And then, because I didn't think about it, when I got the E ending I chose
Spoiler: ShowHide
to delete my save files to save someone else
so I ended up starting over again anyway. I'm in part C now on a second playthrough. I may try to get all the trophies.

Grindspine

A couple of years later and this game still holds up.  Seriously, the story has characters who are so broken in just the right way!