Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Evercade

Started by targetrasp, February 20, 2020, 10:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

targetrasp

my intent was a complete set but one of the lower numbered carts i never even saw offered and the next batch i completely ignored. Really wish i would have skipped out on a few things and went for the polymega

retro junkie

I have mostly been distracted by an obscure little handheld called the Switch.  :))
It is been a while since I pulled the Evercade out. But I do not regret purchasing the unit. It is a portable game system. And I am glad I have it in my collection. Things will change about July when I retire. There will be more time to game.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

@retro junkie - once you spend more time with it, I'm curious on what you think.

@targetrasp is polymega going to be a thing?

targetrasp

I think it might, they've even got a light gun controller that'll work on hdtv... HOUSE OF THE DEAD... i'm considering buying the deluxe bundle and a gun, you know, do my part to stimulate the economy

https://polymega.com/collections/all

retro junkie

I have become somewhat interested in the Polymega. I am going to put it on my bucket list.  ;) :))
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

Looks like we need to continue in a Polymega topic, @targetrasp  ;D

Editing... nevermind... it still hasn't shipped.  However, looks like we need a polymega topic  ;D

retro junkie

Just saw Evercade's latest announcement! They are introducing their VS console. It will hook up to your flatscreen TV for a four player capability. What do they have planned? Is anyone here interested? Pre-order will be available in May. I will be in line to add this to my collection of the Evercade stuff.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/evercade-vs-is-a-modern-retro-game-console-with-two-cartridge-slots/ar-BB1fZc34
there is no spoon

targetrasp

My original intent was to keep up with a complete evercade collection - some how on wave one I missed carts 2 and 6. What I did play was fine, but nothing new, nothing really pushing me to keep collecting / playing.

Now this. I'm not sold, but I'm a solid maybe.

BLUEVOODU

That's interesting!   I'm not sure YET if I'm sold... but it's definitely interesting and makes it much more appealing.

I do not see the pre-orders up yet... but if I do, I'll create a link / topic here.

@targetrasp which 2 carts are you missing?

targetrasp

from the first wave i'm missing namco museum collection 1 (cart 2) and namco museum collection (cart 6)

I've not bought any of the others - i think there's 20 now

retro junkie

I am totally excited about the four "arcade" game carts coming this fall.
there is no spoon

targetrasp

@retro junkie how many of these have you picked up so far?

retro junkie

@targetrasp I have 5. I have been busy with picking up things for the Switch. I call that a distraction.  :)) But I think you can understand. But of all the things that I have picked up for the Switch I seem to be glued to Animal Crossing. I have good intentions. I do want to continue with picking up game carts for this system. Some carts attract me more than others, the arcade carts especially. I will probably turn toward stocking my library for this console later on in the year. I am focused at the moment in getting into gear for my retirement in about a month, July.
there is no spoon

targetrasp

Its funny how much work goes into not having to work anymore!

Congratulations on it, I hope you enjoy