Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Unbeatable Games

Started by mastermario, February 22, 2018, 11:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastermario

Spartan and I are usually pretty good at powering through even the crappiest, hardest co-op games. But, there are two co-op games we gave up on and I don't believe we were even on the hardest difficulty on either one.

Game 1: Perfect Dark Zero.  I'm pretty sure we weren't even playing the hardest difficulty, we were playing the second hardest (Perfect Agent IIRC). The checkpoints were ridiculous, the AI was extremely smart, and our weapons were terrible. I think we got to level 12 or 13 on this difficulty (out of 14) and quit. Never going back, but I'll never forget how terrible this was.

Game 2: Command & Conquer 4. We'd played C&C games for years but this one was impossible. There were parts of C&C: Red Alert 3 that were frustrating and near impossible, but we got about 2 or 3 levels into C&C4 and quit. Not only were the missions hard, but I think the gameplay itself was rough and different than other C&C games. I'd like to try this again someday (especially since I don't think there have been any C&C games since), but I'd have to be pretty bored haha.

Anyone else come across games you'd consider "unbeatable", or at least unbeatable in their harder difficulties?

targetrasp

Rygar and Mike Tyson's Punch Out was unbeatable until I watched youtube videos

BLUEVOODU

Unbeatable because we could never get them to work after awhile due to "network issues."

Anything Command and Conquer Generals and After .... Post EA buy out.   Spartan, MasterMario, and I would always try to skirmish against AI. No matter what we did... we ran into a network issue at some point during the match.   Quite frustrating.  We wanted to play Command and Conquer pretty bad but were hamstrung by EA's crappy net code.  It was SO BAD... that the crappy net code followed later games such and Command and Conquer 3... which would give us the exact same error.

retro junkie

there is no spoon

Grindspine

I have yet to beat Mega Man X2 or X3.  Mega Man 7 was rough.  I beat that once, then took it out of my SNES and never played it again.  I hate that game  >:D

BLUEVOODU

@Grindspine Those Mega Man X games were rough.  ... I know what you mean. I didn't get a lot of time in with X2 and X3, but enough to get get a smack down.  I have more experience with X4.  I still have that version for the Saturn.

targetrasp

The first X was the third mega man game I beat, with only 2 and 3 before it.

The original was brutal, 2 - 6 weren't difficult, and i don't remember playing 7 on until x. X was my favorite by far. x2 - on i never played either. I've heard they were pretty rough

Grindspine

Quote from: retro junkie on March 17, 2018, 01:27:44 PM
Pacman

Pac Man had 256 levels to the end, actually, as did most of those old, seemingly endless arcade style games from the Atari era!

Grindspine

Quote from: targetrasp on September 22, 2018, 11:42:18 AM
The first X was the third mega man game I beat, with only 2 and 3 before it.

The original was brutal, 2 - 6 weren't difficult, and i don't remember playing 7 on until x. X was my favorite by far. x2 - on i never played either. I've heard they were pretty rough

I did beat Mega Man, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 (only once), along with Mega Man X.  Any Mega Man games after that, including the ZX games, were crazy hard.  I just could not dedicate myself to beating them.  The original series really started getting stale after 4.  5 was playable, but nothing new.  6 was just boring after the originals.  I still think the peak of the series would have been Mega Man 2, 3, and Mega Man X.

targetrasp

@Grindspine

2, 3, and X were the best megaman games by far. I don't really think there's any others I actually enjoyed.

Bomber Man

The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma...

BLUEVOODU

Ikaruga... as much as I love a good SHMUP ( Especially IKARUGA)... this game is hard.  The bosses are killer... the bullets are plenty... and this game can be a punch in the face.

I hate to admit it, I've never completed the game.

Bomber Man

Recently I think the most unbeatable thing in a game would be Mario Maker's 2 Super Expert Mode on the switch. It is so hard to beat any super expert level.
The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma...