Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

What Steam Games have you bought that are no longer listed on the Steam store?

Started by BLUEVOODU, February 24, 2018, 06:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

What Steam store games have you bought that were taken down and no longer exist on the Steam store?

Explain the games and if they were they good or bad? 

Post it up!

CreepinDeth

Search the store. If there's no store page then it got taken down. Sometimes the store page will be up but the option to buy is gone.

But, that means I would have to search over 700 times for my list.  :'(

targetrasp

Kinikko

Um... xD  Don't think anybody's realistically going to do that with their steam list.  Mine is pushing 400. 
moo.

targetrasp

Going through steam list one by one checking the store page seems like a lot of work with no payoff to me

BLUEVOODU

LOL... do it now, Creepin.

I found a couple - I have an older Kings quest version that appears to have been removed from Steam.  It was a game made by Sierra.  Back then, you had to type commands:
"pick up crown"

you would move around with your 4 directional keys.   They were still really fun though and challenging.

They haven't added it back and I haven't been able to find a reason they removed it.

targetrasp

I'd heard steam was taking down a lot of poorly made poorly received games, but never really heard what they were taking down or when.

CreepinDeth

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on February 28, 2018, 03:26:09 PM
LOL... do it now, Creepin.

Nah, lol.

I think some of the recent Transfomer games from Activision have been taken down. Legend of Korra and Deadpool might've been taken down as well.

BLUEVOODU

Legend of Korra?  Really?  I have that game lol.   I have not put my 5 minutes into it yet (Bluevoodu's 5 Min into each Steam Game thread).... but It had pretty good reviews - Especially at the time I bought it.

CreepinDeth

Yep, I just searched the store for Korra and it's not there. I have that one as well. I think all I've done is put 5 minutes on it, lol.

targetrasp

It seems like a lot of Activision's crappy transformer and marvel games have been yanked... yay! I do have Korra

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: CreepinDeth on February 28, 2018, 10:30:11 PM
Yep, I just searched the store for Korra and it's not there. I have that one as well. I think all I've done is put 5 minutes on it, lol.
I can't believe Korra is gone... the game was alright - not super awesome.. but it was worth the price I paid on sale  Wonder what the problem was.

I think Space Quest was another one removed...  Again... this was created in the King's Quest style.   you controlled your character... then typed "open door" or "pick up object."  You had to figure out what to do.   I will check again to see if it was removed.

I'd like to pick up Hero's quest... again, done in the same style.

CreepinDeth

There's really only one main reason any game goes away from Steam. It's because the rights have been lost. Other reasons can be that a game is extremely buggy or is way too controversial to keep on the store but those are very rare.

BLUEVOODU

The Rights as in the rights for steam to have a "Sierra" made game or an EA made game in the steam store?

So steam has to pull it because the developer says to?

I know a couple of the ones I mentioned were pulled because too many had issues with it. However, I never encountered those same issues. 

CreepinDeth

The rights to the IP itself. I'd imagine Nickelodeon agreed to a contract where Activision only had a few years to make a game and sell it.

BLUEVOODU

I see... yeah... they did that with Amazon Video too.   I wasn't happy about it.  They had tons of Free awesome old Nickelodeon programs - AHH Real Monsters, Are you Afraid of the Dark, Doug, Hey Arnold - about 2-3 years ago... they stopped offering them.  The kids and I really liked watching them.

Speaking of Space Quest, it's back lol:
Space Quest on Steam
... I will create a topic on this at some point.