Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

The PS5 Could Be Sony’s Last Gaming Console, Ever - CCN.com

Started by BLUEVOODU, June 07, 2020, 02:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

I'm on a PlayStation 5 kick today.  Here's an older interesting article I've been meaning to post for awhile.  This is more in the cloud gaming realm.  There are mentions of Xbox Project xCloud as well.

The PS5 Could Be Sony's Last Gaming Console, Ever - CCN.com

Check it out... what are your thoughts?   Obviously this j's somewhat opinionated... and the future has a lot of twists as we have seen.    Post it up!

targetrasp

rezzed...

BOO! consoles good, need physical media to hoard!!!

CreepinDeth

I doubt it will be. It might be Sony's last physical media console but with internet still being crap around the country, I don't see the cloud being their main method of distribution.

retro junkie

I really don't think it could be their last console. They could take some pointers from Nintendo and with a little innovation approach gaming from a different perspective. But they have always cut their own path. Console prices cannot just keep going up. Sony cannot price themselves out of the market. I think with the PS5, hopefully, they might realize this. There is a limit gamers will spend before you become a niche market with your product.

Can the whole game industry reach a pinnacle where consoles have nowhere to go? Just where is the tech going? Without widespread access to the internet there can be no cloud gaming. Unless you isolate a segment of the gaming population. What are modern gamers looking for?
there is no spoon

CreepinDeth

Quote from: retro junkie on February 15, 2021, 10:57:03 PM
Sony cannot price themselves out of the market. I think with the PS5, hopefully, they might realize this. There is a limit gamers will spend before you become a niche market with your product.

I don't think price is a problem to them considering many are paying tons of money to scalpers just to have the console. They keep selling out because of that and to Sony, a sale is a sale.

BLUEVOODU

The price is quite high... I'm surprised more are paying that... but I'm not surprised for other reasons.   I REALLY wish people would stop paying scalpers... but I can also understand the reasoning to just buy.

I only know 4 people (in person and online) that have been able to acquire a PlayStation 5.  I have given up.   I think the cloud offerings are interesting... but IMO we have a long time until it is perfected.