Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

A Bunch of People Bought the Wrong Xbox

Started by BLUEVOODU, September 23, 2020, 06:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

At least it appears so lol... check out this Verge article

It looks like a bunch of soon-to-be-disappointed people accidentally bought Xbox One X's - theverge.com

Lol... that sucks... unless people are just jumping on Xbox One X systems... but....

Thoughts, comments, post it up!

targetrasp

The WII U taught everyone in the video gaming community what poor branding does, I don't know why Microsoft continued with the pitiful nomenclature.

CreepinDeth

Quote from: targetrasp on September 26, 2020, 06:55:26 PM
The WII U taught everyone in the video gaming community what poor branding does, I don't know why Microsoft continued with the pitiful nomenclature.

Yeah, they done goofed. The only reason I can think of for the similar naming scheme is because all Xbox One games will work on the newer systems. It might've been a way to get people comfortable with their purchase.

Grindspine

360 was fine.  Xbox One was often confusing vs xbox original.  Series X and Series S are just silly names.

Sure, Playstation 5 is not an original naming convention, but it is direct and makes sense.

BLUEVOODU

100% agree. They should've come out with an Xbox 720 instead of One  ;D

PS5 does just fall in line. Simple. Makes sense.  Though not super creative.  That's for sure.

Grindspine

Now they need an xbox 3 so people can ask where Two, 720, and series Y are.

BLUEVOODU

LOL @Grindspine that would be hilarious.  It would also be a Microsoft thing to do, no doubt.   ;D