Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

My Xbox One Exploration

Started by Kinikko, April 05, 2018, 06:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinikko

So my cousin took his PS4 out of the living room to take for himself (which is fine because Jacob and I both have our own anyways -- yes we have 3 PS4s in this house lol).  Sooooo I moved the Xbox One from the back room (that nobody is using right now because all it is atm is storage) and put it in the front room so it could possibly get some use. 

It is this beautiful specimen. 

The sad part of all this is, I have a crap ton of games for the dang thing, and I have just never played them.  Here's my current library of games (no particular order):

• Halo Master Chief Collection
  • Dark Souls 2
  • Killer Instinct
  • Forza Horizon 3
  • The Walking Dead Season 1 and 2
  • Assassin's Creed Unity
  • Metro Redux
  • Mortal Kombat XL
  • Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 1 and 2
  • Dishonored: Definitive Edition
  • Doom
  • DMC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition
  • Dragon Age Inquisition
  • The Evil Within
  • Project Cars
  • Rare Replay
  • Recore
  • Farcry 4
  • Fallout 4
  • Gears of War 4
  • Halo Wars 2
  • Lego Hobbit
  • Shadow of Mordor
  • Sunset Overdrive
  • Terraria
  • Titanfall
  • Tomb Raider Definitive Edition

The only games I've even tried are the Halo games (only in past editions though), DA Inquisition (only because I have it on PS4 also), and Rare Replay.  A LOT of these I got from my brother when he decided to get rid of his Xbox One and didn't have any luck selling it.  :/ 

Anywho...  Anyone have any opinion on what game I should play?  I'll be posting updates as I have time to try these and what I think of them. 
moo.

Kinikko

So I started with The Walking Dead Season 1.  I've only ever played one Telltale game before now (the Game of Thrones one) but I kinda like visual novel style games so I decided to take a shot at this.  So far it's pretty fun.  :) 

Also played through the Halo Master Chief Collection.  Got to Two Betrayals level in Halo 1, but I absolutely hate that level so I stopped playing lol. 
moo.

BLUEVOODU

How does the Master Chief Collection play now?  For awhile there were many issues - Maybe this requires a topic of its own sometime lol.  This ALMOST had me buying an Xbox One.

ALso, how is Doom on the system? I played it on Steam with @SpartanEvolved for awhile... but it fell off the Earth in a way.  I'm thinking about picking the Switch version though.

By the way - that is one cool Xbox One you bought... very cool shell and controller.

Kinikko

Not sure how Doom is, haven't had time to really play anything lately. >.<

Is Lego Hobbit a decent game? I think you said you were working on 100% it right?
moo.

Mai Valentine

I'm late to this topic but I would say definitely try out the Tomb Raider game, too. I've loved the reboots so far.

And yeah the Walking Dead games are really good. I never did get into the show but it's not necessary for enjoying the games. If you like that style of game, Telltale Games has another game called "The Wolf Among Us" which is also really good and I highly recommend it.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: Kinikko on April 08, 2018, 02:33:35 PM
Not sure how Doom is, haven't had time to really play anything lately. >.<

Is Lego Hobbit a decent game? I think you said you were working on 100% it right?

@Kinikko Looks like I missed this question.   Lego Hobbit is fun but has been hard to concentrate on... I need to get back at it.  It's a different format than other Lego Games I've played.   I'll create a topic at some point.  You normally have a story mode... and then an "adventure" or free roam mode.  This one seems to have several different objective quests per level.  You gain bricks by doing those - I'm not far into the game at this point to give more than that.

Jack

Doom is amazing and, IMHO, the best shooter that's come out in a LONG time.

BLUEVOODU

@Kinikko have you picked up your Xbox One Lately?  Just curious if you started down  the path of playing it again.  If you have... what did you start playing?