Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Who bought into the Xbox One? XBONE

Started by BLUEVOODU, February 14, 2018, 04:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Who owns and plays on the Xbox One?    What are your thoughts on the system?  If you have a Playstation 4 and Switch... what are you thoughts on the XBONE versus those systems?

Post it up!

BLUEVOODU

I made a strategic decision to not buy into Xbox One... this is because I am working to buy a bit less and have less of a pool of games to play.  Since all companies (Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony) are charging for their online service... I don't want to pay for all 3.

Unfortunately, I left the XBOX to the side.

targetrasp

I always buy them all but I focus on either sony or Microsoft. My main systems were ps2, 360, and ps4. Just focusing on 1 of the big 2 makes it to where I can still play console exclusive games all the while only having to maintain 1 online service.

I don't feel like I've missed anything by sticking with ps4 this console cycle, especially since sony's online service seems to have finally caught up to Microsoft's. Console specific games don't seem to be as commonplace as in generations past so its hard to make an argument for having to own both consoles. The controllers even feel very similar.

Kinikko

I have an Xbox One, I just don't think I've played it more than like twice since I got it.  Adulting and gaming at the same time is hard.  :P  I've moved once a year for the past 3 years so everything is still in like a bad spot for me. 
moo.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: targetrasp on February 14, 2018, 07:42:16 PM
I don't feel like I've missed anything by sticking with ps4 this console cycle, especially since sony's online service seems to have finally caught up to Microsoft's. Console specific games don't seem to be as commonplace as in generations past so its hard to make an argument for having to own both consoles. The controllers even feel very similar.
yeah... I understand that.. I've missed a lot over the last 4 years.  I've learned just to clear out backlog. maybe I'll make it to some of the games later on in the future.  I'm still clearing Game Boy Advance, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Gamecube and other backlog. lol.

Quote from: Kinikko on February 14, 2018, 08:29:05 PM
I have an Xbox One, I just don't think I've played it more than like twice since I got it.  Adulting and gaming at the same time is hard.  :P  I've moved once a year for the past 3 years so everything is still in like a bad spot for me. 
Moving that much really does suck!  LOL... adulting... it really does take a bite out of life.  You will hear me at work say "I don't want to adult anymore."   At time... "I'm not adulting anymore." 

That's the same problem I had with my Xbox 360... I just didn't play it that much.  I had it mostly for when friends came over and we would play Halo.

I ALMOST bought the Xbox One for the Halo Anniversary collection... Then I heard how many problems there were.   SOOOO tempted to buy that one.

retro junkie

My Wife gave me an XBOX one for Christmas. I mainly wanted the console for only one purpose, Cuphead. Love that game. Having the XBOX one, I find myself comparing it with the 360. Gaming on the 360 seems so much better in the games and choices. In the games category, that I enjoy, I find the One Library very shallow. One thing that I found bad about the system playing 360 games, backward compatibility, Deathsmiles, Akai Katana, Esp galuoa 2, Otomedius, they are not compatible. That really sours my milk.  >:(
I would like to find similar selections as well as a few good Japanese translated RPGs. I am still searching for something through the One library. What really blows me away is the length of time the console has been available and I find it difficult going through the games and finding very much stuff that I desire.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

Did they say if they were going to eventually provide backward compatibility?   Or is it just not going to happen?

That was a nice gift from your wife!

retro junkie

"Certain" games get backward compatibility. As long as the XBone has been out I am not too hopeful at this point that there will be any updates.  >:(
there is no spoon

mastermario

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on February 14, 2018, 04:53:25 PM
Who owns and plays on the Xbox One?    What are your thoughts on the system?  If you have a Playstation 4 and Switch... what are you thoughts on the XBONE versus those systems?

Post it up!

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on February 14, 2018, 05:02:32 PM
I made a strategic decision to not buy into Xbox One... this is because I am working to buy a bit less and have less of a pool of games to play.  Since all companies (Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony) are charging for their online service... I don't want to pay for all 3.

Unfortunately, I left the XBOX to the side.

No wonder you have so many posts...responding to yourself. Tsk tsk.

I've got the Xbone and have had it for a while. Mostly got it for Destiny even though I only played it for 10 hours or so and never came back (because my friends beat it without me over one weekend I was gone and anyone who knows me knows I rarely play single player campaigns haha).

Now I play it for NHL18 and Battlefront 2 (even though you can play them on other systems) and I have Halo 5 but haven't busted into that yet either.

Mai Valentine

I got the Xbox One for Halo and Gears of War but Halo 5 and Gears of War 4 were disappointing, and outside of that I can't think of anything that I can't just get on PC or PS4 so I don't really use it much.

BLUEVOODU

Yeah. Those were the games I wanted too...  lol. I dig the gears of war series a lot.

I always fell asleep playing halo reach campaign. No clue why. Either we just played too late and I crashed or something. Lol.

targetrasp

My xbone will become my 4k blu ray player with the rare replay thrown in for 10 minutes of nostalgia. rc proam was an amazing game........ for about 10 minutes

Jack

I bought into it because I still have a good bit of friends that play on Xbox Live and I honestly prefer playing shooters on the Xbone. The Xbox controller feels more oriented to shooters, IMO.

Mai Valentine

Quote from: Jack on May 03, 2018, 07:32:50 PM
I bought into it because I still have a good bit of friends that play on Xbox Live and I honestly prefer playing shooters on the Xbone. The Xbox controller feels more oriented to shooters, IMO.

I definitely agree with this. I still prefer the layout of Microsoft's controllers over the Dualshock in general.

Jack

Quote from: Mai Valentine on May 05, 2018, 02:40:06 PM
Quote from: Jack on May 03, 2018, 07:32:50 PM

I definitely agree with this. I still prefer the layout of Microsoft's controllers over the Dualshock in general.

Fighting/Action/RPG are better with the Dualshock and FPS/Racing is better on the Xbox controller, IMO.